With the undisputed success of instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, iPhone visual voicemail is not as popular as it used to be. But many of us still use them. So what to do when it no longer works? This guide will provide you with advice on how to get back to working messaging.
Check your iPhone’s visual voicemail setup
Most messaging problems are caused by misconfiguration. Before proceeding with any repair, it is important to check your iPhone settings. Indeed, it sometimes happens that certain updates have the effect of resetting the default settings.
These types of bugs are usually quickly corrected by Apple. In the meantime, nothing prevents you from configuring your existing voicemail. The operation will take you less than two minutes.
- Click on the settings icon to open your smartphone settings
- Select the Telephone section
- Bring the window down
- Make sure you see the mention change the voicemail password
- Otherwise, you will have to open the Telephone application by clicking on the green icon in the form of a telephone handset.
- Click on the messaging tab
- Press the configure now button
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen
- Record a personalized announcement
Please note that not all mobile operators support iPhone visual voicemail. Please contact your operator’s customer service to make sure this feature is supported by your plan.
Turn off iPhone cellular service
You no longer manage to consult the messages of your interlocutors? If iPhone messaging becomes unusable, there is a simple trick to bring it back to life. To do this, simply deactivate and then reactivate the cellular service of your telephone.
- Open iPhone settings
- Click on the cell data section
- Press the green switch at the top of the window
- Wait about 30 seconds
- Then reactivate the service
This operation can sometimes solve messaging problems. This operation can sometimes solve messaging problems. However, this is not a quick fix.
Reset Voicemail Password
Do you have an iPhone and can’t check your voicemail messages? You are not alone. This concern is sometimes linked to an identifier problem. You can contact your telephone operator to change your voicemail password.
Some network providers allow this change to be made directly from the customer area of their website. Do not hesitate to take a look on their platform to check if this is possible with your subscription.
You can also change your email password directly from your iPhone settings. Be careful, it doesn’t always work.
- Open iPhone settings
- Click on Phone
- Press the line titled Change Voicemail Password
- Then change the secret code
- Confirm your new password
If this operation does not give any positive results, it will be necessary to reset the network settings. You will find additional information in this guide: troubleshoot connection problems on an iPhone.