For the sake of protecting user privacy, messaging platforms rarely notify you when one of your contacts has blocked you. However, it is natural to want to understand why one of them is no longer on your friend list or you can no longer communicate with them.
Take the case of WhatsApp, one of the most downloaded services for both Android and iOS, among its many features it has blocking. A simple touch is enough to prevent a contact from writing to you or having access to your number.
In case you are the person whose number is blocked, your conversations still appear in the tab Discussions. You also have the option of starting a new exchange, provided you have the contact’s phone number in your directory. However, the contact who blocked you will not receive any notification.
Without recognizing the 7 signals presented in the rest of this tutorial, it is almost impossible to know if you have been blocked.
How do you know if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp?
To find out if you have been erased from the digital life of one of your “loved ones”, we have put together 7 warning signs:
- Your contact is ignoring all of your messages and has in all likelihood stopped all communication.
- Your messages appear as sent, but have not been delivered or read.
- You cannot invite him to a private chat.
- You no longer see his profile picture appear, which will be replaced by a generic gray icon.
- Its WhatsApp status is empty. Note that when a WhatsApp status is not up to date, the displayed message is Hi ! I use whatsapp.
- You no longer have access to the “Seen at” or “Online” indications at the top of your WhatsApp conversation.
- Your calls are left unanswered.
How to contact someone who blocked you on WhatsApp?
Unfortunately, if a friend of yours took the step of blocking you, that is their choice and there is nothing you can do. Nothing forces him to reconnect, especially if he feels he has a valid reason to ignore you. Even in the event that it is an emergency situation, there is no way around the block on WhatsApp.
However, there are other channels to communicate. If you still have their phone number, email address, or social media, then you can try these approaches as well. Be careful, however, not to fall into harassment, it could be prejudicial to you.