What is YouTube Premium? Is YouTube Premium a viable alternative to cable?
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that provides ad-free access to all content on YouTube. It covers the main YouTube site and its app as well as YouTube music. When you sign in to YouTube Premium, you can also watch the originals from YouTube.
To sign up for YouTube Premium, you must have a Google account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one when signing up for YouTube Premium.
YouTube Premium includes a free trial period, but you must provide billing information. YouTube won’t charge you until the free trial expires (if you don’t cancel first).
- Appointment sure YouTube.com/premium in a web browser and select ” Try It Free “. To offer several members of the same family the YouTube bonus, choose the option ” save ”with a family or student plan.
- Log in to the Google Account for which you want to set up YouTube Premium.
- If you don’t have a Google account, select Use another account to to create a.
- Enter your payment information, then select Start trial.
YouTube Premium plans for families and students
A YouTube Premium subscription only applies to one account. If you have multiple YouTube accounts, only the one you sign up with enjoys the benefits of YouTube Premium.
If you want to extend your YouTube Premium benefits to multiple people, YouTube offers a family plan. This plan costs about 50% more than the Basic plan. It allows up to six accounts to access all the benefits and additional content that come with YouTube Premium.
What do you get with YouTube.com Premium?
YouTube Premium originated from earlier Google services like YouTube Red and Google Play Music All Access. It includes all the features and benefits that were available from these services. Here are the main benefits that come with YouTube Premium:
- Of ad-free videos : All videos on YouTube are available without ads. But don’t worry about bypassing your favorite designers. When you watch a video on a channel that would normally run ads, they get a portion of your YouTube Premium subscription.
- Offline Videos : With the push of a button, you can record videos for later viewing, even if you are not on the Internet.
- Background game : This function allows you to play YouTube videos in the background on a mobile device, which is useful for listening to music while using other applications.
- YouTube Music Premium : Accessible via a web browser at the address music.youtube.com (and the YouTube Music mobile app), this service offers an easy way to listen to your favorite music, watch videos from your favorite bands, and discover new music, all without ads.
- YouTube Originals : This content is from YouTube Red. It includes original movies and series from popular YouTubers and mainstream stars.
- YouTube Kids : YouTube Kids app provides ad-free experience and access to offline games.
What are the originals from YouTube?
YouTube Originals are series and movies that you will only find on YouTube. The original YouTube Originals roster featured the stars of the show. It has expanded to include a variety of reality TV shows and scripted programs, including the series sequel. Karate Kid, Kobra Kai, critically acclaimed.
What is the difference between YouTube Premium and YouTube TV?
YouTube Premium is ad-free YouTube with additional content and functionality. YouTube TV is an alternative to direct cable. These are separate services, and signing up for one does not give you access to the other.
YouTube Premium and YouTube TV both give you access to YouTube Originals. However, YouTube TV subscribers continue to watch ads on regular YouTube videos and cannot access other YouTube Premium benefits.
If you sign up for YouTube Premium and YouTube TV with the same email address, you can sign in to YouTube TV and watch YouTube videos ad-free. This way, you don’t have to go back and forth between YouTube TV and the regular YouTube site. But this is the degree of integration between the two services.
Is YouTube Premium a Cable Replacement?
YouTube Premium is not a direct replacement for cable, as streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, and Hulu with Live TV are. It does not have live TV channels, so you cannot use it to watch cable or satellite TV shows.
If you don’t watch regular TV a lot and don’t enjoy the content available on YouTube, that’s another story. Since YouTube Premium provides both YouTube content and YouTube originals without ads, it could be a viable replacement for cable as a primary source of entertainment and information.
YouTube Premium is ad-free YouTube. If you know how to use YouTube, you will understand what YouTube Premium is. If you want to see YouTube originals, here’s how:
- Go to YouTube.com and select Sign In to sign in to your YouTube Premium account.
- Select Originals on the left side.
- Scroll down the page to find the show or movie you want to watch. Select ” Play All » to queue the entire series or select an individual episode to watch it.
What is the background game?
Background play is a feature of YouTube Premium available on the YouTube mobile app. Without the YouTube Premium feature, the video will stop playing as soon as you exit the YouTube app to use another app.
This function allows the videos to continue playing, either as a picture-in-picture thumbnail or in the background. Here’s how to use background playback:
- Launch the YouTube app and sign in to the Google account with a YouTube Premium subscription, then find a video and watch it.
- Push the button ” Home »fromdevice to return to the phone’s home screen.
- The video appears as a thumbnail. Drag the thumbnail to the desired location or press the X for the remove.
- Open the system tray to pause or stop the video.
Playing a video in the background is useful for listening to podcasts, music, and playlists without leaving the YouTube app open. You can open other apps and lock your phone, and the video continues to stream.
YouTube Premium allows you to download and store videos for playback when you don’t have internet access. This function is only available on the YouTube and YouTube Music apps. It does not allow you to freely download videos from the YouTube website. Here’s how to download videos from the YouTube app:
- Open a video you want to download in the YouTube app and select Download under the reading window.
- Choose the video quality you want and then tap okay.
- Go to the tab Library and press Downloads to view the video after the download is complete.
Most of the time, you can watch the downloaded videos whenever you want, but there are some restrictions:
- You can only watch a downloaded video if you are logged in to the YouTube app with your YouTube Premium account.
- You must connect to the internet at least once every 30 days, otherwise you will lose access to your downloaded videos until you reconnect.
What happened to YouTube Red?
YouTube Premium replaced YouTube Red in 2018. It offers the same benefits as YouTube Red, such as ad-free videos, and some new features. YouTube Red subscribers were automatically transferred to YouTube Premium when it launched.