If you are facing error 0xc1900101 on your Windows device, while updating Windows device, read on to fix error 0xc1900101.
For many users, updating to Windows 10 is a snap. If you are updating to the latest version of Windows 10 and haven’t upgraded your drivers, you might face mismatch errors like 0xc1900101. It is also known as Windows 10 installation error. The “0xC1900101” error will be caused by incorrectly configured system settings or unequal entries in the Windows registry. An error can also occur while trying to update from old Windows to new Windows.
The error causes many inconveniences because Windows candidates cannot proceed with the upgrade. The error can occur due to several issues including corrupt installation files, device driver issues, software incompatibility, poor internet connection, or malware infection. If you are facing Windows 10 error code 0xC1900101 on your PC, you can follow the methods below to fix the 0xc1900101 completely.
What is 0xc1900101?
Upgrading Windows operating system (operating system) is one of the hugely used hacks to resolve many errors in Windows 10. Error 0xc1900101 is one of the most common errors in Windows 10. When you upgrade or install your operating system, sometimes the PC will notify you with an Error 0xc1900101 with BSOD. The upgrade installation error prevents Windows candidates from installing the latest updates on the PC. Many applicants for versions of Windows 10 (1903 and 1809) have encountered this error.
Main reasons for error 0xc1900101:
- Due to corrupt or damaged system files in Windows 10.
- Bad system files in Windows are caused by incomplete installation, imperfect uninstallation, and improper removal of hardware or applications.
- Old drivers or OS are not compatible with the latest drivers.
- Inappropriate anti-virus application or software or external hardware.
Methods to fix error 0xc1900101:
Method 1: Upgrade or Remove Damaged or Corrupted Drivers:
- Now first open the PC and press “Windows + E” keys to open File Explorer, and move your cursor to the following path: C: Windows.
- Now find the “Panther folder” and double tap to open the folder.
- Recognize corrupted drivers by running the Setuperr.log and Setupact.log files.
- After selecting the problematic drivers, you should uninstall them by selecting the “Uninstall” button.
- Now move your cursor over the taskbar, tap on the “Windows” icon and choose the “Device Manager” tab.
- Under Device Manager, expand each category to view the different lists of devices.
- After that you will get the yellow exclamation mark near the device which is causing the error 0xc1900101.
- You can upgrade or remove corrupted drivers. For this you need to right click on the device and choose the option you need (Update driver or Uninstall device).
Method 2: Delete Safe Mode Download Folder:
- First of all, simultaneously press “Windows Icon + I” keys to launch “Settings” and press the “Update & Security” tab.
- After that you will get the “Recovery” tab on the left side and tap on it.
- Under the “Recovery” tab, you will get the “Advanced startup” and tap on the “Restart now” tab.
- After that, select the “Window” option and press the “Troubleshoot” button.
- To change the startup options, tap “Startup Settings” and tap the “Restart” tab, which will show you many options for the startup types.
- Next, press the tab “Enable Safe Mode”, and after this your PC background will be black, and press “Windows key + R”.
- Now delete everything from this “Software Distribution folder” and hit the “Close” button, and restart your PC to fix the error 0xc1900101.
Method 3: Update your BIOS:
- Another method to resolve this “0xc1900101” error is to update your BIOS. According to users, if you have an old BIOS, you are not installing a fixed update.
- Many users claimed that upgrading BIOS will easily fix the error to try this method.
- Keep in mind that upgrading the BIOS is a potentially risky process that can damage your computer.
- You can consult the motherboard guide to upgrade BIOS efficiently.
Method 4: Upgrade Windows during Clean Boot:
This is another effective method to find and resolve if an installed app conflicts with others while installing, updating, or playing. To clean boot windows 10, you need to follow the instructions below.
- First, mention MSConfig> Enter> Start Selective option.
- After that, move your cursor over the “Services” option and tap on the “Mark on Hide All Microsoft” tab, which will be located at the bottom of this window.
- Now tap on the “Disable All” tab for unwanted third party software.
- Finally, restart Windows 10 and it will open the windows in a clean and safe mode.
Method 5: remove the antivirus application:
- Third-party antivirus applications can also cause error 0xc1900101 in Windows 10.
- To fix this problem, you need to uninstall it completely and try to reinstall your operating system.
- Additionally, sometimes all files and registry entries need to be moved. And the most excellent method of doing this is to download and access a specific antivirus removal tool.
- However, if removing the antivirus application does not resolve the error 0xc1900101, you can apply a different method.
Method 6: Disconnect external devices or peripherals:
- Sometimes installation or update errors can also be caused by peripherals or external devices that are not compatible with the latest version of Windows 10.
- You can quickly avoid errors by disconnecting any unwanted external devices, such as webcams, printers, especially storage media, from Wi-Fi, monitors, or accessing the adapters needed to connect: the keyboard and the mouse.
- This is a great option to turn off Bluetooth on your PC or laptop before updating Settings> Devices> Bluetooth and other devices.
When you are ready to install the new Windows 10 update, you will encounter the common error “0xc1900101” during installation. Windows upgrade error 0xc1900101 can occur for a variety of reasons. However, the reason is that you need to fix it instantly if you want to access your Windows PC. So, we have provided many methods to fix the “0xc1900101” error. You have to follow one by one method to completely fix the error “0xc1900101”.