Here is a very simple tutorial on how to watch avi and mp4 video files without converting them to mov format. All you need is to download and install VLC for Windows, macOS, or Linux and VLC for iOS iPhone / iPad. You will also need to have iTunes installed on your computer. All software is free.
SEE AS WELL: How to add a subtitle in VLC
Step 1 – Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Windows computer via USB, launch iTunes and click on the iPhone / iPad icon as shown in the screenshot.
Step 2 – Select “File Sharing” from the menu
Step 3 – From the list of applications, select “VLC”
Step 4 – Click “Add File…” and choose the avi mp4 files to download.
Step 5 – When done, hit the “Sync” button and you are ready to watch videos on your smartphone on the VLC app.
That’s all. Fast and easy, no conversion required. VLC for iOS can play all your movies and shows in most formats directly without conversion. You can sync media with your device using WiFi download, iTunes, various cloud services, or direct downloads from the web.
- Play all files, in all formats, including the most exotic, like classic VLC media player.
- Play MKV, multiple audio tracks (including 5.1) and subtitle tracks (including SSA!).
- Support for network streams including HLS, MMS or RTSP.
- Include video filters, playback speed manipulation, and fine search.
- A media library, with WiFi downloads and downloads, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, OneDrive & Box.com integration and optional password lock.
- Web interface for easy downloads and uploads to / from the device.
- Integration for Bluetooth and AirPlay headsets.
- Full support for file servers (SMB / Windows and FTP shares)
- Local Area Network Service Discovery with UPnP and Native Plex Support
- On-the-fly synchronization of audio tracks and subtitles
- Supports iOS 9.0 or later
- Full 64-bit support on the latest iPhone and latest iPad
- Completely free, free and open source.
READ ALSO: How to convert audio or video files with VLC
VLC for iOS is a port of free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. NIt can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion. It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and via WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP / DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC supports advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multitrack audio, and playback speed control. VLC for iOS is completely free and open source.