Are you looking to stake out your polygon?
Launched in 2017 as Matic Network, Polygon is an Ethereum sidechain that has built its own suite and platform alongside its host blockchain. MATIC, an ERC-20 token, is the base currency used to govern and secure operations on the Polygon network, such as paying network transaction fees.
After the Polygon hard fork in early 2023, the Polygon network is set for more benefits, including reduced gas spikes and better user interface (UX). With that in mind, here are the best crypto exchanges to stake Polygon.
SEE AS WELL: Top 5 Ways to Secure Your Cryptocurrency
Binance is the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange and is currently the largest centralized unit by daily trading volume. Polygon (MATIC) is one of over 500 publicly traded cryptocurrencies. By staking Polygon on Binance, you can earn more returns by locking in your investments for long periods of time.
- Periods of blocking: flexible, 30, 60 and 90 days
- Estimated APY : 5.2%, 6.47% and 19.6% APY, respectively on the milestone days
- Staking/unstaking fees : Zero
- Reimbursement deadline : 2-3 days
- Minimum bet limit : 0.01MATIC
- Maximum bet limit : 1,500,000 MATIC
Some of the downsides of the Binance platform include navigability and the time it takes to receive the rewards after withdrawing your MATIC tokens. But overall, Binance offers competitive rewards and flexible staking plans. It also connects you to additional return products under its Binance Earn program.
Not sure what crypto staking is? Our easy to follow crypto staking guide got you covered.
Cryptocurrency exchange OKX integrated Polygon in June 2021, allowing investors to withdraw Ethereum-based assets directly from the exchange to the Polygon network. The integration reduced transaction costs and wait times and allowed users to move assets across the exchange more efficiently. OKX integrated Polygon (MATIC) and other cryptocurrencies for staking opportunities in August 2022.
You can earn rewards by staking Polygon on OKX. The average annual percentage yield (APY) varies depending on the amount staked and the actual yield. Even the estimated daily interest is based on the staked amount, so the rates below are for guidance only, as shown on the OKX website .
- Staking period : 15, 30, 60, 90 and 120 days
- Estimated APY : 3%, 4.87%, 5.35%, 5.84% and 7.3%, respectively for milestone days
- Min/max bet limit : Flexible
There are two ways to stake MATIC on OKX: via the exchange’s webpage or the OKX app.
If you’re using the web, hover over the tab finance in the top menu and select Earn in the drop-down list. On the page Earn, select MATIC in the search field. You can also scroll through the list of supported resources. Then subscribe to indicate the amount of MATIC you want to wager.
If you are using the OKX app, go to the home screen and press Earn / Challenge. Next, move to the search box and enter MATIC. You can also scroll down the list of assets and select MATIC. View available bet information and enter the amount of MATIC you wish to bet.
Another cryptocurrency exchange where you can earn good rewards for staking MATIC is Coinbase Wallet. Rewards are calculated based on the number of MATIC tokens you hold or wager. If you wager more MATIC tokens, you increase your chances of winning more rewards.
- Active Minimum Wagering Requirement : 14,000 MATIC tokens
- Minimum Delegation Requirement : based on permissions: the Polygon Foundation must grant you a validator slot
- Maximum bet limit : None
- Estimated reward rate : 4.82%
- Estimated payment time : Each checkpoint (34 minutes); it may take longer if the network is congested
The figures given here may vary, so it is advisable to confirm updated figures on Staking Rewards before investing.
Cryptocurrency exchange KuCoin launched its MATIC fixed staking program in June 2022, which allows you to earn up to 12% APR, excluding KuCoin’s Proof of Liquidity (POL) staking rewards. After successful subscription, the system automatically calculates your rewards and distributes them the next day. When your wagering period expires, your rewards are sent to your preferred wallet. Overall, KuCoin offers good staking opportunities with flexible and fixed staking options.
- Expected APR : 7.5% for seven days (excluding POL rewards), 9% for 14 days and 12% for 30 days
- Soft cap for single user : 10MATIC
- Hard cap for single user : 100,000 MTIC
- Hard cap on the whole platform : 3,000,000 MTIC
Crypto.com is our final option on this list of the best crypto exchanges to stake Polygon (MATIC), using either the mobile app or the desktop website. To get started, buy or deposit MATIC tokens using either platform, then switch to the tab Earn and select MATIC from the currencies listed.
- Staking period : Flexible, one or three months
- Minimum bet limit : 250 MATIC tokens
- Reward calculations: daily at UTC 00:00:00
- Reimbursement deadline : 7 days
- Reward rate : Flexible (0.35% for USD below $4,000), one month (3% for USD below $4,000), three months (5.5% for USD below $4,000)
On Crypto.com, you are not technically staking MATIC. You lend it instead. If you plan to keep your MATIC for the long term, you can use this platform to increase your income.
Finish your search and start
Cryptocurrency staking is one of the ways to grow your holdings. However, some cryptocurrencies have better staking rewards than others. If you are considering investing in Polygon (MATIC) staking, the crypto exchanges mentioned here can be your launching pads.