There’s nothing I love more than a good mystery, so I love playing escape games on my iPhone. These puzzles grab your attention and literally force you to think outside the box. If you’re stuck at home and want an adventurous getaway, this list of the best escape games is for you. You can immerse yourself in mysterious worlds, investigate strange objects and scenes, and test your detective skills. In addition, there are different types of adventures, from easy and fun to more complex and challenging. There are tons of escape games for Android and iPhone and it can be hard to decide which ones to play. But don’t worry, we’ll take care of it. Here is the best free escape room for Android and iPhone that will keep you entertained for hours.
Also read: The best relaxing games for iPhone and Android
10 Best Room Escape Games for iPhone and Android
1. NOX – Mysterious Adventure Escape. Android and iOS platform. Enter an ancient and mysterious mansion full of secrets to uncover. The storyline is immersive and draws you into the game, inviting you to explore your surroundings. From the start I liked the 3D graphics which added a touch of suspense. To escape, you will need to use your logic skills and be patient. There’s a lot more to explore in every room than meets the eye. You will love the combination of hidden objects and modern escape room mechanics that provide a memorable and enjoyable gaming experience.
2. Adventure escape mysteries. Android and iOS platform. It’s time to use your observation and deductive reasoning skills to solve puzzles, collect treasures and tools, uncover clues, and escape the room, all from the comfort of your iPhone or Android. The puzzles are challenging but not impossible, and you can play the entire game for free. Plus, you can play as different characters and explore over 100 beautifully illustrated scenes. Put on your detective hat and investigate your surroundings to find a way out and move forward in the game. You can even save your progress for smooth playback across multiple devices.
3. The series of rooms. Android and iOS platform. Even after several years of its release, the free escape game series continues to be one of the best escape adventures on Android and iPhone. The controls are intuitive and the puzzles engaging, which will keep you hooked. The goal is to cobble together a series of nested boxes and unlock the secrets they contain. The suspense builds with eerie sounds and intriguing sights as you constantly jump from clue to clue. I was immediately immersed in a tactile interaction with this fascinating 3D world. I particularly appreciated the fact that we can proceed calmly and at our own pace, without time pressure.
4. Monument Valley. Android and iOS platform. This beautifully crafted game is all about manipulating mystical architecture to make your way through a colorful fantasy world. It’s a meditative process of traversing mysterious landmarks, finding hidden paths, discovering optical illusions and more. The architecture is inspired by royal temples and monuments from around the world. I liked how the audio reacts to manipulating the world. It’s a surreal experience that’s best enjoyed with headphones. The game syncs across all devices for convenience.
5. Escape room. Android and iOS platform. Escape games meet word games in this unique hybrid experience. In each level you are trapped in a room with different objects. Your task is to observe the objects to find the password that will unlock the door. It seems easy at first, but it’s quite difficult even for word experts. I find the concept unique and worth a try for puzzle lovers. Moreover, the game is free and offers more than 300 levels to challenge your brain. You can also play offline anytime, anywhere.
6. Projectors. Android and iOS platform. If you like mysteries, you will love this challenging escape game. It is based on a theatrical scene in which you find yourself locked in an unfamiliar room without remembering how you got there. Your objective is to escape before the time runs out. Explore your surroundings to uncover answers to crucial questions like who kidnapped you and why. The game features stunning 3D graphics and is full of intriguing puzzles and puzzles. Each object in the room has a deeper meaning and you will need to use your analytical skills to solve the mystery.
7. Cabin escape. Android and iOS platform. Can you help Alice escape from a remote cottage? It’s up to you to find the clues and solve the puzzles that will lead her to the exit. The beautiful backgrounds will engage you from the start and encourage you to keep going. The most interesting aspect of this adventure is the in-game camera that allows you to photograph all the clues and explored rooms. The haunting soundtrack adds to the mysterious atmosphere. The game also saves automatically so you never lose your progress.
8. DaVinci’s house. Android and iOS platform. Discover this 3D escape game with mechanical puzzles and hidden objects that you will have to manipulate to solve the puzzle. You are Leonardo da Vinci’s most promising apprentice and the challenge is to find out where he disappeared to. You’ll have to use all your brain cells to explore the puzzles, strange inventions, escape mechanisms and hidden objects in every corner of the beautifully decorated rooms. The escape game is fun and incredibly intuitive. It is also available in multiple languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Czech, Slovak, Russian, Turkish, Italian, etc.
9. Room Escape – 50 rooms. Android and iOS platform. It’s an addictive and super fun game, get out of the room with challenging but achievable puzzles. As the name suggests, there are 50 rooms, each of which is full of unique mysteries and beautiful graphics. When you get stuck, you can watch a video to get a hint. It will require you to use your observations, judgment, and pedagogical reasoning to find a way to escape from each room. I like that the graphics and scenes are realistic which helps to immerse you in the world. Plus, the ads don’t distract you from your gaming experience, so you can focus on the game.
10. Agent A. Android and iOS platform. If you think your detective skills are perfect, it’s time to put them to the test. Play as Agent A and hunt down a cunning and dangerous spy on the loose. You will have to search for clues, investigate objects and find creative uses for them. I enjoyed exploring hidden closets, secret buttons, and the plethora of unsolvable mysteries. And I’m sure all escape room lovers will like it too. The game also has a sixties-inspired retro look. There are 35 unique environments to escape and over 100 puzzles to solve!
Escape games are a unique concept that encourages us to think outside the box and push the limits of our problem-solving abilities. I find it to be a great brain workout and incredibly fun. How many escape room games have you tried so far? Let me know in the comments below!
Read also: The best FPS games for iPhone and Android