Google drive is a popular file storage and sync service developed through Google itself. All Google Account holders can easily log into the Drive and also access the storage from any device. But, sometimes users may also get some of the common issues or error notices while downloading a file. It almost looks like “Sorry, you cannot view or download this file at the moment”. In this article, we are going to talk about the Sorry, you cannot view or download this file error. Let’s get started!
It really is an unexpected error message for users every time they try to download files through Google Drive. This can happen due to a large number of download sessions within a limited period of time. This really affects the expected download quota in a 24 hour period. When there are too many requests made by a large number of users to publicly view or download a particular file from Google Drive. Content downloads may also be unavailable or locked for 24 hours.
Once the 24 hours have expired, the download quota will be available again for the next 24 hours or more depending on the server load once at a time. It essentially reduces spam downloads and unnecessary server downtime or downtime by blocking downloads.
Steps To Fix Google Drive: Sorry, You Cannot View Or Download This File Error
Most of the time, it is necessary to wait for the availability of that specific file to download again. However, if you are involved in a work situation and the case is really important to you. Then you can’t actually wait a day or more. Also, if the file was checked out by any means through its owner, you can no longer download it from the link.
There is also a method to bypass or ignore the Google Drive 24 hour time limit error. The most common error is Sorry, you cannot view or download this file error currently. For this kind of error, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to locate the ‘uc’ part of the URL and replace it with ‘open’. So the beginning of the URL works exactly like https://drive.google.com/open?… (rather than https://drive.google.com/uc?…)
- Now just reload the address after adding the ‘open’ word in the url as well.
- It will also load a new screen with commands.
- Now click / tap the ‘add to my reader’ icon in the upper right corner as well.
- Then click / tap ‘add to my reader’ again to open your Google Drive storage in a new tab in your browser.
- Now you can also see the locked file correctly on your google drive.
- Choose the ‘make a copy’ in the menu by right-clicking on the file.
- Finally, choose the copied file with right click, then you can easily download the file easily.
- That’s it.
Okay, that was all folks! I hope you enjoy this article and that it is useful to you as well. Give us your opinion on it. Also, if you have other questions and issues related to this article. So let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a nice day!