- Touch the icon of the music note in the right vertical menu before or after taking a photo or video.
- Select the icon play button at next to a featured sound to preview it, and then tap next to add it to your photo.
- You can also press + Create a sound at the top of the Featured Sounds tab to record your own sound.
This article explains how to add sound to your photos or videos Snapchat using the built-in sounds or recording your own sounds.
Snapchat has a selection of song clips that you can automatically insert into your photos or videos. Unlike other apps, such as Tik Tok, Snapchat’s sound library is currently very small and doesn’t include a search feature to find specific songs or sounds.
- In the Snapchat app, navigate to the snap tab by tapping the icon Camera in the bottom menu.
- Decide if you want to add sound to your photo before taking it or after taking it. If you decide to add it after, take your photo or record your video now.
- In the vertical menu on the right side of the screen, tap the icon Music.
- A “Featured Sounds” tab will appear, showing a list or tracks, each with a thumbnail image, the track name and the artist name. Select the play button icon to the right of any track to preview it.
- Once you’ve previewed and decided on a song to add as a sound for your photo, tap the blue button next below.
If you don’t need to preview the song, just select it to add it to your snapshot.
- On your instant preview, optionally select the sound timeline at the bottom of the screen to drag it and select the right section to include, then tap the check mark icon to confirm. If you decide you don’t like the look or sound of your snap, tap the icon X to select a different sound or abandon your snap if you want to start from scratch.
- A sound graphic sticker showing the name of the song and the name of the artist will appear on your photo. You can drag and drop it anywhere on the screen to move it, but if you choose to drag and drop it into the trash can icon that appears at the bottom, your sound will disappear.
- Keep editing or adding elements like stickers and filters as you normally would, then select the blue arrow button to send it to your friends and / or post it in your stories.
If you can’t find the sound you want to use among the sounds built into Snapchat, you can save yours in the app and automatically add it to your snap.
- Follow steps 1 to 3 above.
- On the Featured Sounds tab, tap + Create a sound in high.
- While your sound is playing, either on your device in another app or in your surroundings, press the button Record to start recording.
- Press the button again.recording to stop sound recording.
- A preview of your sound will begin to play. Enter a name in the field Sound name, if necessary press the button Make that sound public? to make it widely accessible, then optionally drag the upper case letters at the start and end of the Timeline of sound to trim your sound clip.
- Press the blue button ” Record sound ».
- Select the saved sound to add it to your snapshot and preview it. Optionally select the sound timeline at the bottom of the screen to drag it and select the right section to include, then tap the check mark icon to confirm. Whenever you navigate to the Featured Sounds tab by tapping on the music note icon, you will see a new tab titled My sounds where all the sounds you recorded are located. You can edit or delete a recorded sound by long pressing any of your recorded sounds. Then select Edit to change its name or privacy setting, or select Remove to delete it.
- Keep changing or adding features as you normally would, then select the blue arrow button to send it to your friends and / or post it in your stories.