Did you know that it is possible to remotely install applications on your Android phone or tablet? The information can be surprising and yet it works perfectly. All you need to do is use a device connected to the internet, choose the application of your choice and install it remotely. Guaranteed without witchcraft.
Access the Play Store from your web browser
The Google Play Store is by far the platform with the largest number of applications. The bad news is that it is very difficult to find a particular app. It sometimes takes several hours to skim the search engine results of the store before finding the rare pearl.
So when you find the app of your dreams, it’s best to download it immediately. If you don’t have your smartphone or tablet handy, there’s nothing stopping you from copying the link to install it later.
Obviously this remains an additional solution. There is a much more convenient feature to remotely install the application of your choice on your device, even if you don’t have it in hand.
To do this, you just need to connect to the web interface of the Google Play Store. It works on most web browsers on the market (Mac, Chrome, Windows, iPhone, iPad but also an Android device configured with a Google account different from yours).
- Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to the internet
- Open your web browser
- Enter the web address of the Play Store in the URL field: https://play.google.com/store/apps?hl=fr
- Click on the connection button
- Enter the credentials (email address and password) of the Google account configured on your Android smartphone or tablet
The web interface of Google play store has improved significantly over the past five years. Navigation from a computer equipped with a mouse provides additional user comfort. Whether it is for searching for applications or consulting opinions, the user experience is very satisfactory.
Download and install your Android applications from your web browser
The web version of the Google Play Store doesn’t just offer a smooth and fast interface. It also offers an option to install an app or game remotely on a device without even touching it.
And as surprising as it may seem, setting up this device requires almost no effort. It will just be necessary to ensure that you are well connected to the same google account than the one associated with your phone as explained previously.
- Enter in the search form the name of the application you want to install on your smartphone or tablet
- Remember before selecting the applications section in the left column
- Find the app or game in the results list
- Click on the name of the application to open its description
- Then press the green install button
- The Play Store will display the list of devices associated with this Google account (smartphone, tablet, Android TV)
- Choose from the drop-down menu the device on which you want to install the application
- If the selected device does not correspond to the one desired, do not forget to uncheck it
- Press the continue button
- Wait a few moments
- A message will tell you that the app is being installed on your device
As you can see it is much easier than it looks. Then all you have to do is unlock your phone and open the application drawer to admire the result. Note that installation can only be done if your phone or smartphone has an internet connection. If airplane mode has been activated beforehand, do not expect a miracle.