Instagram has just rolled out a new feature that allows users to recover recently deleted posts. This device, which is reminiscent of the recycle bin function of Windows, will allow you to restore photos, videos, stories, Reels but also IGTV videos.
Restore old Instagram stories
With more than 1 billion monthly active users, Instagram remains the favorite social network of young people. The application for sharing photos and videos has succeeded in establishing itself in the hearts of the youngest Internet users.
The new year begins on the hats of wheels for the American firm. The photo-sharing social network is launching a new feature to help users restore their recently deleted posts.
How does Instagram photo restore system work?
This long-awaited feature is now available on both Android and iPhone. Moreover, on closer inspection, this new tool is reminiscent of the recently deleted folder available on the iPhone’s Photos application.
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone
- Make sure you have the latest version
- To do this, open your application store (Play Store or App Store) and look for an update for the Instagram application
- Then click on the profile tab (avatar-shaped icon) located in the lower right corner
- Press the menu button (3 superimposed lines)
- Select the settings option
- Click on the Recently deleted section
- Choose from the list the publication to retrieve
- Click on the restore button
There you have it, now you know how to resurrect photos or videos that have been deleted by mistake. Note that all deleted content can be restored 30 days after deletion. Be careful, stories depart from this rule. Indeed they remain accessible only 24 hours.
Obviously this new device does not only have advantages. For example, you will have to perform additional manipulations to ensure that the content you do not want is completely removed.
To do this, you will have to go to the recently deleted folder and then select the publications to be deleted. Once you have made your choice, don’t forget to click on the permanently delete button. This will ensure that all your personal data has been erased.