There are many reasons why we need to copy DVD to computer. We are thinking in particular of protecting a collection of rare films, saving space at home, or even transferring its content to a tablet.
To do this, we have chosen to use the DVD Decrypter software but there are also other utilities that offer similar functionality such as Winx DVD Ripper (paying).
Copy DVD to PC using DVD Decrypter
DVD Decrypter is free software and, although it is in English, it is easy to use. We have detailed below the few settings to make before starting to copy your DVD.
- Click on Next (twice), then Install and finally on Finish.
- Start the program by double clicking on its icon and insert the DVD into your computer. The first time you use the program, a pop-up window will appear.
- Click on Yes and choose the region West Europe, Japan, South Africa.
- In the window that appears, click in Fashion and choose I FO.
- See you in Tools, click on the tab IFO Mode, then choose None.
- Go to the tab Stream Processing and tick the boxes Enable Stream Processing and Direct Stream Copy.
- Click the DVD icon, then click Hard disk. The software will then copy your DVD.
- When the copy is complete, you will hear a little music and see a pop-up window Operation successfully completed (operation successfully completed).
Before transferring the DVD content to your tablet, we recommend that youuse a Cloud (an online storage service).