The latest version of the LibreOffice office suite, LibreOffice 7.5 is now available for download introducing several improvements and changes.
First of all and for those who have already installed a previous version, can apply this update to the latter from the Help menu of this edition then by clicking on Check for updates in order to recover and install it.
LibreOffice for those who have just discovered it, is an open source, free and cross-platform office suite, it is considered an alternative to Microsoft Office on several environments such as MacOS (macOS 10.14 or a more recent version) and linux as well as on Windows.
This latest version of the suite also provides a number of improvements and new features for users sharing documents with MS Office or migrating from Microsoft 365 (formerly Microsoft Office).
Regarding this update, several new features and improvements are mentioned in the release note, and we can already mention a few:
– An improved version of the Single Toolbar UI has been implemented.
– Spelling correction and suggestions on Writer are now available in Danish, Dutch, Estonian, German, Hungarian, Norwegian and Swedish.
– Support for number and currency formats added to Calc, the spreadsheet application equivalent to Microsoft Office’s Excel.
– Support for dark themes and improved high contrast mode on Windows, macOS and Linux,
– A first automatic translation is available on Writer, based on DeepL translate APIs
– New types have been added to content controls, which also improve the quality of PDF forms.
– Support for font embedding on macOS
– On Impress, Table styles can be customized, saved as master elements and exported.
You can download LibreOffice Community in version 7.5 from this link for Windows, Linux and macOS (Intel and Apple Silicon).
Leave a Reply