Depending on the AZERTY keyboard you are using, there may not be a € or £ sign. If this is your case, follow our tips to enter these special characters without problem.
If you are using Windows and your keyboard has a numeric keypad, then you can easily enter any symbol. To do this, simply hold down the Alt key and type the four-digit code.
- For the € symbol, press the Alt key and type 0128 and it will appear in the text box or in the document.
- If you have a Mac keyboard, then press the Option and $ keys simultaneously.
- For the £ symbol, you need to hold down the Alt key and type 0163.
But, how do you go about it without a numeric keypad? To do this, use these shortcuts:
- For the € symbol, press Ctrl + Alt + 4 simultaneously.
- On a Mac, you will need to press the Option and 3 keys at the same time.
- For the £ symbol, the winning combination is Shift and 3.
- On Mac, these are the Option and 3 keys.
Why not just copy and paste the symbol from a web page. Select the desired symbol and using your mouse, for example, copy and paste it into your document.
Insert special character
Usually word processing programs have a dedicated symbol option, which is another way to get € or £.
In Word, for example, click the Insert tab and then click Symbol. You should find € and £, just click on them.