Can’t take the message you just sent on Instagram? Do not panic, it is quite possible to delete it from your inbox but also from that of your recipient. We explain to you.
Thanks to our tutorials, the famous social network will soon have no secrets for you. Did you know for example how to hide the number of likes on Instagram ? Or how to read a message without showing the mention “seen” ? Today, we are going to walk you through the process of permanently deleting a post on Instagram.
Shameful misspellings, hot reaction, too hasty declaration of love… There are many cases that lead us to want to delete a message. Here’s how to do it:
Instagram: how to delete a conversation from your inbox
- Open the Instagram app.
- Access your messages by clicking on the corresponding icon.
- Keep your finger pressed on the conversation you want to delete.
- Click Remove then confirm.
- The conversation no longer appears on your inbox but your recipient will always have access.
Read also >> How to block and unblock someone on Instagram
Instagram: how to permanently delete a post
You also have the option of removing a specific message. This will disappear from your inbox but also from that of your recipient. So that the latter will not be able (or no longer) to consult it.
- Open the Instagram app then go to your messages.
- Enter the conversation where you want to delete a message.
- Briefly let your finger rest on it.
- Then click on To remove the message.
- If this is the first time you have performed this maneuver in the application, a dialog box appears.
- To confirm, click again To withdraw.
Now you know how to remove a message from your Instagram conversations. While you are still there, we take the opportunity to suggest that you consult our other tutorials dedicated to the social network of Facebook: