In recent weeks, Instagram messengers have been overwhelmed by the invasion of invitations to group conversations. These are fake, inappropriate profiles whose purpose is to trick you into clicking on questionable links.
Despite the many daily complaints from users, Instagram still has not fixed this phishing problem. Never better served than by yourself, we give you a tip to block this recurring spam.
Prevent receiving spam on Instagram
To stop receiving group invitations routinely sent by fake anonymous accounts, there is a simple solution.
Indeed, on Instagram, you can easily block the receipt of new messages from users to whom you have not subscribed. To do this :
- Open the app and go to your profile page
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right of your screen
- Go to Settings, then in Confidentiality
- Select option Messages
- Check the option Only the people you follow
Also, you can also block invitations to participate in these group conversations. Here are the 3 steps to follow:
- Always in your Settings, go to Notifications
- Select Direct Messages
- Under the option Group invitations, tick No