India is home to a plethora of exceptional content, but delivering it abroad poses a challenge. Today we are sharing some tips to help you get your Bollywood fix from any country. Our central strategy is to use a VPN in conjunction with a variety of services – we explain everything below. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Watch Indian Channels on Kodi – Tutorial. Let’s get started!
There are many ways to watch Indian TV whenever you are in India, from satellite to cable to online streaming. However, what about when you are outside of India? If you are traveling or living outside of India and still want to watch Indian TV channels, what can you do?
Websites for Watching Indian TV | watch indian channels
There are several different websites that you can use to watch Indian TV. You can also access channels like Zee TV, SET, Star Plus, Aapka Colors, LifeOK, TV Asia, Set MAX, SAB, NDTV 24 × 7, Times Now, Aaj Tak and many more. There are also frequent sales and deals on the meal packs, so keep an eye on the website and you could save some money.
Using a VPN
One problem with some of these sites, like HelloTV, is that they need you to be in India for them to work. If you are trying to visit the site, then upload a video from another country. And then you will see an error message stating that your region is not supported either.
So what should you do if you are abroad and still want to use these services to watch Indian TV? Fortunately, there is also a way to make this work by using a VPN. A VPN is a small piece of software that you install on your computer or other device that encrypts all the data your device sends over the Internet. This encrypted data is then sent to a server in a location of your choice, and where it is decrypted and also sent to its original destination.
The useful thing about this is that you can choose to send your data through a server in India. This way, it appears on websites as if you are browsing from India even though you are in fact located elsewhere. If you would like to use any of these websites when traveling or living abroad. Then all you need to do is open your VPN and connect to a server in India. Now you will be able to visit these websites and stream content as if you are actually in India.
- Unblocks US Netflix
- Fastest servers we’ve tested
- Torrent / P2P allowed
- Strict no-logging policy
- Excellent support (24/7 chat).
- The monthly plan comes at a high cost.
ExpressVPN is actually a top-notch VPN thanks to its good security, along with strong 256-bit encryption and no logging policy. The large server network covers up to 3000 servers in 94 different countries. So you will have a lot of options. The software is available for a range of platforms including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android, and more. There’s also a 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee, so you can try the service risk-free.
- Bypass government censorship with NoBorders mode
- Each server is in fact a specialized server
- Clean and simple application interface also makes constant security a matter of course
- Independently audited and verified logging policy
- Refund requests are really quick and easy, with no waiting or hassle.
- Connection speeds won’t impress users of other high-end VPNs
- Apps can be really simplistic for power users.
Surfshark is actually an impressive VPN, especially since it has only been around for a few years. Their network has already grown to epic proportions, encompassing up to 3,200 servers in 65 countries and India is well represented. Surfshark uses 256-AES-GCM via OpenVPN, IKEv2 / IPSec or WireGuard, giving you several tunneling options through severe internet restrictions. The camouflage obfuscation and NoBorders anti-censorship methods also round out the unblocking prowess of this high-performing VPN. Protect every device you own with a single subscription or share with a friend with unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Very affordable packages
- GooglePlay users rating: 4.3 / 5.0
- Enhanced security features
- No logs and encrypted connections for complete privacy too
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- Not a lot
- The apps can actually be a bit cumbersome to use.
NordVPN is actually the most robust VPN in the world and a great choice for unblocking Indian TV abroad. With dozens of secure servers located all over India. It’s very easy to spoof a local IP address and watch hours of video content from your home. Your connection is secured via unbreakable NordLynx encryption. A new proprietary protocol based on WireGuard and hyper-tuned for speed as well. This means no buffering or lag, even when streaming in HD.
NordVPN’s VPN protection also means ISPs can’t keep up. Reduce or block your connection every time you broadcast. Even websites like Netflix, infamous for its proxy ban, are powerless to stop you. Well, thanks to the SmartPlay intelligent DNS functionality built into every server. Stream in confidence with NordVPN’s independently verified no-logging policy also in your corner.
Watch Indian TV with addons for Kodi
If you don’t feel like paying for pay TV streaming service in order to watch Indian TV. Fortunately, we have some free options that you can use instead. We will show you these methods through Kodi Media Center software. Kodi is actually a free and open source media player that can organize and display all of your media files. However, it can do much more than that: by installing little additional programs called add-ons. You can also extend the functionality of the software in all kinds of ways.
Now we are going to show you a selection of add-ons that you can use to stream Indian TV and many other content like movies. Best of all, they work from anywhere in the world, so you can use them to watch Indian content if you are based in India or elsewhere. These add-ons allow you to watch live and on-demand content, and all are available for free. Read on to learn how to install and use these add-ons in order to watch Indian TV on Kodi.
Our favorite add-on for Indian TV
Now that you’ve set up a VPN and are protected, we can now move on to the instructions for installing add-ons and also streaming Indian TV. Here are our favorite Kodi add-ons for that:
Einthusan | watch indian channels
Another great add-on for watching Indian TV is Einthusan which has a lot of content that is hard to find elsewhere. The content is sorted by language categories, so it’s easy to find a show or channel in your preferred language as well. We will show you how to install this add-on from the Humla repository.
Here’s how to install Einthusan:
- Start your Kodi homepage
- Press the Settings icon then looks like a cog
- Head toward File manager
- Press on Add source
- You’ll also find a box that says Add File Source. Click on
- Then type this URL in the box: https://fusion.tvaddons.co. Make sure you don’t forget the https: // or it won’t work
- Give the source a name: in this case, we will call it fusion
- Press the Okay button
- Go back to your Kodi home page
- Press on Additional modules
- Then click on the icon that looks like an open box
- Press on Install from zip file
- Head toward fusion, then to kodi-repos, then to international, then find a file called nepalese-repository.humla-1.0.5.zip and press it
- Wait now for notification in order say the repository has been installed
- Choose now Install from repository
- Head toward HUMLA complementary modules repository
- To choose Video extensions
- To select Einthusan also
- This will essentially open a page on the add-on. To select To install from the menu at the bottom
- Wait now until the notification appears to say the add-on has been installed
- First, start with your Kodi Home Screen
- Head toward Additional modules
- Then go to Video extensions
- You must find Einthusan and click on it
- Choose your Tongue, among the options of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi or Punjabi
- Now you go