Don’t guess how much power you have left on your battery
What there is to know
- Drag the slider down from the top right corner of the screen. The battery percentage is in the upper right corner, next to the battery icon.
- Touch and hold the screen until the icons start to move. Touch + > Batteries > choose the widget style> Add widget > Completed.
On earlier versions of iOS, you had to enable the battery percentage option to see this information. Not on the iPhone 12! Today, the battery percentage option is on by default – you just have to know where to find it.
If you switch from an iPhone without Face ID, you will see that due to the camera notch at the top, there is no longer enough horizontal room to simultaneously display the battery icon and the percentage.
- Drag the slider at the top right of the iPhone 12 screen to open Control Center.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, next to the battery icon, is the battery percentage. This is the amount of battery left in your iPhone 12.
- Drag up or tap on the background to close the control center.
If you just want to be able to periodically check the battery percentage, that’s all you need to do. If you want to be able to easily track battery status, consider adding a widget to your home screen.
One way to find out the battery percentage of iPhone 12 is to ask Siri. Activate Siri using the Side button and then ask “Hey Siri, how much battery do I have left?” The battery percentage will appear on the screen.
Using widgets in iOS 14, which comes preloaded on iPhone 12, you can add a battery percentage widget to your home screen. Here’s how :
- Touch and hold the screen until the icons start to move.
- Press on +.
- In the widgets pop-up, tap Battery.
- Choose the style of widget you want to use. Drag the slider to see the options. The Batteries widget also displays battery information for Apple devices connected to your phone like Apple Watch or AirPods.
- Press on Add a widget for the one you want to use.
- The widget is added to your home screen. Drag it to where you want it, then tap Finished.
Seeing your battery percentage is good information, but it doesn’t help your battery last longer.