Find someone on Twitter with these simple tips
Whether you’re looking for your friends on Twitter or just looking for suggestions on new and interesting accounts to follow, there are plenty of ways to find the people you’re interested in following, no matter what device you use to access. to Twitter.
The following instructions can be used if you are accessing Twitter through the desktop website or the Twitter mobile app for Android or iOS devices.
- Connect to Twitter via Twitter.com or your Twitter mobile app.
- On Twitter site: Enter the name or username of the person or account you are looking for in the Twitter search box, then select their name to view their Twitter page. In the Twitter app: Tap on the magnifying glass at the top of the screen, enter the name or username of the person you’re looking for in the search box, and then tap their search result. On the Twitter site, if you don’t see the user you’re looking for, tap Enter for display a more complete search results page. In the app, tap the search box again to bring up your device’s keyboard, then tap the icon Enter to set up a more comprehensive search results page.
- On the full search results page, select tab People to narrow your results to Twitter accounts that have your search term.
- Once you have found your person, select Follow next to their name or select their result to view their Twitter account page.
Even if you upload your friends’ phone numbers or email addresses to the app, you may still not be able to find them if the privacy settings on their Twitter account are not finding them. their accounts by their contact details.
- Open your Twitter mobile app and on the home screen, tap your profile icon, located in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Tap Settings and life private> Confidentiality and security.
- Scroll down and tap Discovery & Contacts.
- Press on Contacts Sync Address Book to activate it.
- The Twitter app will then show you the Twitter accounts associated with your contacts.
Using Twitter Who to Follow
If you use the Twitter.com website to find suggestions for which Twitter accounts to follow, you will use the Who to Follow feature on the Twitter desktop website:
- Go to the Twitter website and sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- On the home page of your Twitter account, find the Who to Follow on the right side of the screen.
- You can choose an account from the limited list of suggestions in this section, select Refresh to display different accounts, or select Show all to display a full page of suggestions.
- Once you find an account that you like, select Follow next to their name to follow their tweets.