What there is to know
- Touch the camera icon and swipe right. Touch Reels > shoot in the app or upload a video> add effects and touch the right arrow to post, then Share.
- You can save your Reel as a draft and work on it later.
This article explains how to create, share, and watch Reels, the 15-second videos that can be set to music and posted to your Instagram Stories feed.
Follow these instructions using the Instagram app for Android or iOS to create your own reel video. The steps are exactly the same for both mobile platforms.
- In the main tab of the Instagram feed, tap the icon of the Instagram feed. camera at the top left or do slide to the right
- The horizontal scrolling menu at the bottom should be set to Story by default. Scroll left so that it is instead set to Reels.
- Decide whether you want to shoot a reel in the app or download one from your device.
- To film in the app: Press the action button to start recording and press again to stop it. You can also press and hold the action button to record and lift your finger when you want to stop recording.
- To download a video : Tap the media icon at the bottom left to select a video from your device. At the bottom, drag the video viewer along the timeline to get the clip you want or make it shorter by tapping and dragging the ends. Then, tick the button to confirm.
- Use the tools that appear on the left side of the screen to enhance your video and add effects.
- The music : Touch the button on the music symbol to select a video clip or search for one using the search bar at the top. Select the button reading to hear it first, and then select the song to apply it. You can actually choose which part of the song you want to include by using the audio tool at the bottom to drag the audio selection into place. Push the button ” Done ‘ top right.
- Speed : touch the button arrow to slow down your video (.3x or .5x) or speed it up (2x or 3x).
- Effects : Touch the icon of the smiley to scroll and choose from a number of filter effects (similar to Snapchat filters) at the bottom of the screen. Touch n ‘any effect to apply it.
- Timer : touch the icon of theclock to set a timer to choose the length of a clip. When you return to your clip, a countdown begins before the clip begins recording.
- Alignment: Touch the pictures to see the end of your last clip, then use the transparent image to snap to your next clip.
You may not be able to access some of the above tools if you have reached the recording limit.
- Use the left and right arrows on either side of the record button to switch between clips and press the record icon basket if you want to delete a specific clip. If you do not want to delete any clips, just tap the button on the right arrow until the end of all your clips to see your reel preview.
- You can also add additional effects by pressing the button of the stickers, the button drawing or the button of text in the upper right corner.
- Press the right arrow to prepare to display it.
- Enter a caption in the caption field and then press Share to display it on your Reels.
- You can also click on the tab Stories at the top of the page to display it in your Stories.
If you’re not ready to post yet, tap Save as a draft below. You can access your saved drafts by tapping the icon Drafts / Video in the lower left corner of the main Live / History / Reels tab.
You can easily share Reels with other people on Instagram or the web. Here’s how to do it in the app, with a link, or with another app.
- To share a reel with your followers on Instagram, tap the message in the lower left corner.
- You have two options for sharing:
- Select Add a video to your story to publish it in your stories; or
- Choose from a list of your followers to send them a message, then select To send at the bottom of the page.
- To share a reel with anyone on the web, tap on the three dots at the bottom left, then you can type:
- Copy link to copy a hyperlink and paste it anywhere on the web; or
- Share to to select an application where you want to share it.
Reels also give Instagram users better visibility if they appear in the Reels section of the Explore page.
You have to know where to look to find Instagram Reels. Here are all the places where you can find them.
- Watch user testimonials. People usually post their Reels on their Stories, so all you need to do is tap on their profile picture in the News Feed or on their profile.
There is currently no separate feed on the Home tab for Reels.
- See the “Reels” tab of users on their profile. Go to anyone’s profile and tap the “Reels” icon at the top of their feed, which looks like a button. reading. You will see a feed of all of their Reels. Touch n ‘any coil to view it.
- Check out the Featured Reels in the “Explore” tab. Touch the icon of the magnifying glass in the bottom menu to access the Explore tab. You might notice a reel at the very top and several more as you scroll. They have a label and an icon to distinguish them from other types of content.