With more players joining each day, Discord has become more famous than ever with cross-platform support for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and also Linux. Unfortunately, however, neither of the two more famous consoles makes the list. Yes, even with today’s hardware and software capabilities, the Discord app is not fully supported through PS4. Xbox has already launched its official app for Discord which is capable of the majority of its functionality. So connecting the two will not be a difficult task actually. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Use Discord on XBOX and PS4 – Tutorial. Let’s get started!
In this tutorial, we’ll also show you how to get and use Discord on Xbox One and PS4. However, there are plenty of apps that belong to instant messaging and VoIP app, but few of them could compete with Discord. The latter has also firmly established its position at the top of the industry. The reason for the same is also not a hidden secret. Whenever an application allows text, image, video and also audio communication. Then he surely ticked all the prerequisites. On a related note, it is also supported by many operating systems.
But, things aren’t that good when it comes to consoles. At the moment, it is not supported on PS4, but available for Xbox One. When you consider the fact that the gaming community is one of the most important driving forces behind this app. The exclusion would certainly disappoint a few users in fact. However, there are ultimately few silver liners in these dark clouds. Using a convenient workaround, you will now be able to use Discord on Xbox One and PS4. Also follow the full instructions.
We all know the Xbox One and PS4 have a lot of differences too, and it’s through those differences. We deduce which of them will best suit our needs. The same goes for setting up Discord on them. Well, you won’t be running Discord directly on your consoles. However, you will also be able to hear your precious in-game audio along with your live Discord chat!
So if you own a PS4 or Xbox One and want to play on it seamlessly at all times, chat on Discord. We also have the perfect guide for you.
This is going to be a really simple setup. But first, you will need to purchase this equipment. Other methods exist, however, they remain largely problematic and will surely give up on you at the last moment as well. Obviously, this is something you really don’t want to risk while playing. So, without more, a due, let’s get into it too.
Steps to Get Discord on PS4
Now that you’re ready to go, just put all the gear on the table next to your PS4 and PC / Laptop, and let’s get to work:
- Just connect one end of the optical cable to your mixing amp. And the other end to your PS4. This will allow you to control the audio of your console and your PC.
- Head toward PS4 Settings > Sound and screen > Audio output settings. Now you need to make sure Main output port is set to Digital output Port (optical).
- Now connect one end of your USB cable to your Mix Amp. And the other end in your PC or laptop. Switch the Mix Amp to PC mode.
- You need to open Discord on your PC and open Settings > Voice and video.
- Just change Input device in Voice settings at Mix the amp.
- Also connect one end of your 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable to your mixing amp. And the other end to the speaker port of your PC or laptop.
- If your Loudspeakers are not defined as your Default output device, just make sure you do it in Output devices in Voice settings as well as.
If you have followed these steps correctly, you are now ready to put on your headphones, you are done. So, now you are ready to connect your chats, launch your game on PS4, and start playing! Statistically, this method also seems to work for most users under normal circumstances.
However, unfortunately, if that doesn’t seem to be working for you, you really shouldn’t be concerned just yet. Do not hesitate to ask for help from the many discussion forums available online. Lots on Discord itself with lots of players ready to help out a brother!
While third-party apps like Quarrel let you connect to your Discord on your Xbox. However, they are quite limited in their capabilities and prone to crashing in the middle of the game. This is going to be a really simple setup.
To note: Xbox One now officially supports the Discord app. The tutorial for downloading and setting up Discord on the Xbox One console is also below.
Obviously, this is something you really don’t want to risk while playing. However, first you will donate to purchase this equipment. So, without more, a due, let’s get into it too.
Steps to get Discord on Xbox One
Now, because you’re good enough to put all the gear on the table next to your Xbox One and PC / Laptop, now let’s get down to business.
- Simply connect one end of the digital SPIF cable to your mixing amp. And the many other ends of your Xbox One digital port. This will allow you to control the audio of your console and your PC.
- Then connect your USB to Micro USB cable, then connect Micro USB end to Mix Amp. And then USB end to your PC or laptop.
- Now you need to connect one end of your 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable to your mixer amp. And the other end of the helmet as well.
- You must switch the Mix Amp to PC mode.
- Head toward Xbox One Settings > All settings > define Conversation mixer with headset at Chat only then adjust Microphone monitoring at Minimum too.
- Again, just open your Xbox One Settings > All settings > Display and sound > Audio output > define Bit stream format at Dolby Digital too.
- Now on your PC settings too. You must sFind reading devices in the Find menu> Select Right-click at Astro Mixamp Pro > then set it as Default.
- Now in the top menu choose Ring > Select Right-click at Astro Mixamp Pro > set it as Default.
- Now open Discord on your PC and also open Settings > Voice and video.
- You have to change the Input device in Voice settings at Mix the amp.
If your speakers are not defined as your Default output device. You have to make sure you do it in Output devices in Voice settings.
Along with that, your Discord setup on Xbox One is complete. If you have followed these steps correctly, you are now ready to put on your headphones, you are also done. So, now you are ready to connect your chats, launch your game on Xbox One, and start the game!
An easy way to get and use Discord on Xbox one
As Discord is now officially available for download on Xbox One, you don’t need to go through a vigorous process to connect the two with a physical cable. All you have to do is download Discord, link your account, and you can set up your mic and sound services as well. It’s actually a much better and easier approach, however, it has its own limitations.
- First, you need to open your Xbox console and go to the dashboard. You can find Discord on the Featured Page.
- Just download Discord and open it.
- Create your account giving the relevant details. If you already have an account, go to the login menu and log in with your credentials.
- Tap Gamertag in the top left corner of the screen. Head to settings and click on Account.
- Choose a linked account, then select Discord to complete the link process.
After submitting a link request, it may be requested to verify it via email or through the Discord mobile app. So just make sure to download the Discord app on your mobile to easily link Discord to your Xbox One console.
Likewise, you can add many other platforms as well. Go through your settings and now you are good to go, too.
To note: In this way, it is very easy to chat with your friends when playing games. However, if you want to live stream or stream your games or multitask. Then you need to select the first approach with the physical cables. It is much more efficient and you will have better control over your system. However, if all you want is just a friendly chat every time you play, you can easily do that this way as well.
Okay, that was all folks! I hope you enjoy this article and that it is useful to you as well. Give us your opinion on it. Also, if you have other questions and issues related to this article. So let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a nice day!