Watch what you want with voice commands
Amazon’s Alexa-enabled devices, such as the Echo and Tap smart speakers, let you control multiple devices with the sound of your voice alone, including the Fire TV line of products. All you need to control your Fire TV device this way is an Alexa-enabled device and a shared Wi-Fi connection.
What there is to know
- To control Amazon Fire TV with Alexa, you must first link your Alexa-enabled device to the Fire TV device.
- Once linked, you can use Fire TV controls with Alexa which include “Watch [nom de la série] “And” Play [genre] sure [nom de l’application] “.
- You can also turn your Fire TV on or off, mute it, or voice control playback with Alexa when you connect Fire TV to Echo.
Connect your fire TV with Alexa
To control your Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Edition through your Alexa-enabled device, you must first link them together. You can’t use some Alexa-enabled apps and devices to control your Fire TV, such as the Alexa app, the Amazon Shopping app, and Amazon Fire tablets.
- Open the Alexa app on your Android or iOS device.
- Select the menu button, represented by three horizontal lines located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- When the drop-down menu appears, select Music, video and books.
- Choose option fireTV, which can be found in the Video section.
- Select ” Link Your Alexa Device ».
- Select the device you want to link to Alexa from the list of available Fire TV devices and choose Continue.
- Select one or more devices you want to use to control the Fire TV and choose Linkage devices.
- An updated list of your linked devices will appear in the app. From this screen, you can unplug a device or link another Fire TV to Alexa if you want.
Find and Watch Movies and TV Shows
Alexa includes many useful voice commands for controlling your Fire TV, including the following group, which allows you to search and play movies and TV shows by title, actor, or genre.
If your Alexa-enabled device has a video display, such as the Echo Show, then you need to quantify the commands below by adding the words “on Fire TV” to the end of each one. Otherwise, the movie or TV show may play on your device instead of your TV.
- look [titre du film ou de l’émission de télévision] : Launches a specific movie or show from Amazon Video or other supported application.
- Spend [titre du film ou de l’émission de télévision] sure [nom de l’application] : Launch a movie or show from the app of your choice.
- Play [genre] sure [nom de l’application] : Displays a list of movies and TV shows of a particular genre in the app of your choice (for example, Play comedy on Amazon Video).
- Search [titre du film ou de l’émission de télévision] or search [titre du film ou de l’émission de télévision] sure [nom de l’application] : Allows you to find movies or shows from one or more apps on your Fire TV device, depending on the title.
- Show me the titles with [nom de l’acteur/actrice] : Returns a list of movies and shows featuring a specific actor or actress.
- Find films by [nom de l’acteur/actrice] sure [nom de l’application] : Performs the same function as the previous command, but displays only the titles available in a specific application.
Controlling Video Playback with Alexa
Once you’ve found the show or movie you want to watch, you can also control its playback by saying the following commands in the direction of your smart speaker or other Alexa-enabled device. In the case of Fire TV Edition televisions, this is the television itself.
- Will play
- Rewinding [délai spécifique].
- Fast forward [délai spécifique]
- Watch from the start
- Next episode
You can also use the following Alexa commands to control your Fire TV.
- look [nom de la chaîne ou du réseau] : This command only works when the app supports access to live TV
- Open [nom de l’application] : Loads the intro details screen for any app currently installed on your Fire TV
- Go home : Return to the main Fire TV Home screen
Control your Fire TV Edition television
The following Alexa commands are specific to TVs Fire tv Edition only. The majority of those already mentioned above will also work on said televisions.
- Turn on Fire TV
- Turn off Fire TV
- Turn up the volume of Fire TV
- Turn down the sound on Fire TV
- Mute Fire TV
- Set the volume to [numéro de niveau] on Fire TV
- Open the TV guide: This feature only works during live TV playback, which requires a connection between a digital antenna and your Amazon Fire TV Edition TV.
- Go to [appareil/entrée] : Allows you to change input channel without using the remote control