You can use your DualShock 4 to play next generation Xbox games
What there is to know
- The easiest way to play Xbox Series X / S games with a PS4 controller is to use the Xbox Game Pass game streaming service.
- You can also download Xbox games to your PC, and play them with your PS4 controller.
This article explains how to use a PS4 controller on the Xbox Series X or S to play games using Xbox cloud gaming and Game Pass on your phone or PC.
Can you use a PS4 controller on the Xbox X or S series?
Despite some confusion on the issue, you can’t actually use a PS4 controller on your Xbox Series X or S. While PS4 controllers use Bluetooth just like Xbox controllers, your Xbox, regardless of generation, doesn’t. is simply not configured to work with a PS4 controller. You can use a PS4 controller on a PS5, but only to play your old PS4 games.
If you want to play next-gen games with a PS4 controller, your best option is to play in the cloud with Xbox Game Pass cloud play on your phone, or GamePass Ultimate on your PC.
The easiest way to play X / S series Xbox games with a PS4 controller is streaming play with Xbox Game Pass. This requires a PS4 controller, Game Pass membership, and a compatible phone. You will need to pair your controller to the phone, stream Xbox Series X / S games to the phone, and play them using the PS4 controller.
Here’s how to play Xbox Series X / S games on your Android phone with a PS4 controller:
- On your PS4 controller, simultaneously press the PS button (between the analog sticks) and the Share button and hold them down until the light bar starts blinking.
- Activate the Bluetooth on your phone if you haven’t already.
- Go to Settings > Devices connected to your phone.
- Tap on the new Pair device.
- Select Wireless controller in the list, then press Pair.
- Install theXbox Game Pass app if you haven’t already, and log in.
- Open the Xbox Game Pass app.
- Touch CLOUD to see only cloud games.
- Tap on the game you want to play.
- Type PLAY.
- Start playing your Xbox Series X / S game with your PS4 controller.
Get a DualShock 4 phone clip and attach your phone to your controller for the best experience.
How to Play Xbox Series X / S Games with PS4 Controller on PC
The vast majority of games available as part of the Game Pass Ultimate subscription are for the Xbox one, but the same service also offers X / S series games and will move away from Xbox One titles over time. To play Xbox X / S series games on your PC with a PS4 controller, all you need to do is set up your PS4 controller with your PC, download the game you want to play and play it.
Here’s how to play Xbox Series X / S games on your PC with a PS4 controller:
- Configure your PS4 controller to work with your PC.
- Download and install the Xbox app on your PC if you haven’t already. You can get the Xbox app directly from Microsoft.
- Launch the Xbox app.
- Click on the game to which do you want to play. Both Xbox One and Xbox Series S / X games are available. Microsoft makes all of its titles available firsthand on PC, and some third-party titles as well.
- Click on Install.
- Once the game is installed, click on To play.