If you’d rather not pay a third party to unlock iPhone SE, you can always try your luck with your carrier. There are a few requirements that you must first meet in order for the iPhone to be unlocked by your carrier, including:
- First of all, the iPhone SE must have been fully paid, which means if you have an installment / repayment plan, you will need to make sure that the phone has been fully paid.
- You will also need to be in good standing with your carrier. This means that all of your invoices with your carrier have been paid and you do not owe your carrier anything in terms of unpaid invoices or commissions.
- It must have been active for at least 60/90 days, with no “overdue or unpaid balance”.
- The name and account number of the account holder
- IMEI number of your device
- Your phone number
Assuming you meet these requirements, here are the steps to get the free SIM unlock code:
- On your iPhone SE phone, launch the Phone app and dial * # 06 # to display the phone’s IMEI number
- Save the IMEI number somewhere where you can easily view it like on a piece of paper or in the Notes app
- Call your operator’s customer service and ask them for the SIM unlock code
- You will then be asked to provide the IMEI number of your iPhone SE
- If you meet all the conditions mentioned above, the SIM unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided within the next 2-5 days.
- Once you have received the code, you can now replace the SIM with a SIM from another operator
- Enter the SIM unlock code you received in your email when the message appears and you should be fine.
Buy the unlock code for iPhone SE
Considering how new the iPhone SE is, there’s a good chance your carrier won’t give you a free SIM unlock code, although you should probably try it anyway just to see if it works the miracle. . In case of refusal, do not worry because thanks to third-party services like Directunlocks, for a very affordable price, you can unlock the SIM of your iPhone SE.
At GuideSmartPhone, we are not responsible for what you do with your phone.
- On your iPhone SE, launch the Phone app and dial * # 06 # to display the IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number somewhere for easy reference
- Go to the Directunlocks website
- Select your country and service provider as well as the currency in which you wish to pay
- Enter the device’s IMEI number
- Complete the payment process with your payment and contact details
- You will receive the iPhone SE unlock code within a few hours to a few days (depending on the plan you have chosen)
- When you receive the code, exchange the SIM card of the iPhone SE with that of another operator
- Enter the iPhone SE SIM unlock code you received and your phone will be unlocked
Once you have completed all the steps mentioned above, your iPhone SE should now be unlocked and you will have no issues with the exchange between carriers. This is especially useful when traveling abroad because buying a local SIM card is usually cheaper than paying for roaming.
We remind you that this does not release you from your contract with your operator, but at least it gives you some freedom.