What there is to know
- To turn off your iPhone 12, simply hold down a button and slide it.
- If your iPhone doesn’t turn off, you can reset it.
- Turn off your iPhone 12 to save battery power, but you can also do this with the “low power” mode.
If you’re running low on battery power, you’ll want to shut down iPhone 12. This article has everything you need to know.
Besides low battery, you can also turn off iPhone 12 if your iPhone behaves strangely. Restart an iPhone is a good way to solve all kinds of problems. Whatever your reason, you can turn off iPhone 12 by following these steps:
- Push the button lateral and hold it down for a few seconds to increase or decrease the volume. When the cursor appears at the top of the screen, let go of the buttons. On older models it was enough to hold down the Side button, but now that activates Siri.
- Move the power off slider right to turn off the phone.
- A progress wheel will appear in the center of the screen. A few seconds later, the iPhone turns off.
Want to turn off your iPhone 12 to save battery? It is not your only option. If you want to save battery power while still being able to use your iPhone, try the “low power” mode.
In some cases, your iPhone may have a malfunction that prevents it from turning off in the usual way. If you follow the steps above and your iPhone 12 won’t turn off, you might need to try another technique.
In this case, you need to try what is called a “force restart” or a “hard reset”. This is a type of restart that erases all the active memory of the iPhone (don’t worry, you won’t lose any data like photos and messages) and is preferably used when it is not responding to messages. normal ways to turn off iPhone 12.
If you’ve ever managed to turn off your iPhone 12, you may need to know how to turn it back on. To do this, press the button lateral and hold it down. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, release the button lateral. The phone will turn on in a few seconds.