AutoCorrect is a notorious feature that is sometimes known for its horrible errors. So if you want to get rid of it, we can help. In this guide, you will learn how to turn off auto correction on LG Velvet. We’ll also tell you everything you need to know about AutoCorrect. Let’s start.
What is automatic correction?
AutoCorrect is a feature designed to automatically correct spelling or grammar errors as you type.
Why should you turn off auto correction on LG Velvet?
AutoCorrect was primarily designed to help you write text efficiently, but the problem with this feature is that it is very inaccurate in many scenarios, especially if you’re typing in a language other than English. So instead of making stupid mistakes while typing, it is better to turn off autocorrect as it will save you time and effort.
How to turn off auto correction on LG Velvet (LG keyboard)
The LG keyboard is the default keyboard on LG Velvet, and it is surely a very capable keyboard. It includes a very basic autocorrect feature, which we recommend that you turn off. Here’s how to turn off autocorrect on LG Velvet. Let’s start.
- Unlock your LG Velvet.
- Swipe up from the top of the LG Velvet screen and tap the settings icon (gear icon) in the top right corner.
- You can also go to the home screen, find the app Settings and press it.
- In settings, scroll down and tap System.
- Once you are in the System section, find the section Language and keyboard and press it.
- Now press Manage the keyboard and select the keyboard you are using. As we use, LG Keyboard, we will press LG keyboard.
- In LG keyboard settings, scroll down and tap Autocorrect.
- Press English and select Deactivated to turn off automatic correction.
- That’s all.
How to turn off auto correction on LG Velvet (Gboard)
If you are using Gboard as your default keyboard, you can use the following steps to turn off autocorrect.
- Open the messaging app and tap the text type box.
- Gboard will appear on the screen. Tap the gear icon to access settings.
- In settings, go to Text correction and press it.
- Scroll down, find the correction automatic and switch it to gray to deactivate it.
Congratulations! You have successfully disabled autocorrect on LG Velvet. Likewise, you can also turn off autocorrect for other keyboards. The process will be almost very similar, but the title may vary depending on the keyboard you have.
In this guide, you have learned how to turn off auto correction on LG Velvet. We have explained the whole process for LG keyboard and Gboard. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also check this guide if you want to know how to take screenshot on LG Velvet.