One of the biggest issues when switching from iPhone to Android or vice versa is that you lose all your messages. We all have important messages on our phones that we don’t want to lose. But neither of these platforms provide a native way to forward messages when you make a change. Fortunately, there are third-party apps that can help us accomplish this task. In this article, I will show you how to transfer messages from iPhone to Android devices.
SEE AS WELL: How to transfer files between Android and MAC in 2020
Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android Devices
Since there is no native way to transfer messages from iPhone to Android devices or from Android to iPhones, we will be using a third-party app. I have tested many such applications and think that Wondershare MobileTrans is one of the best apps which can perform the transfer without rushing the process.
The best part about this app is that not only does it allow you to transfer SMS messages between platforms, but it also allows you to transfer messages from third party apps like WhatsApp, Line, etc. Besides, you can transfer contacts, photos and music among others. And they have official guides for all the features that the app has to offer.
With that said, let’s see how easy it is to transfer messages from your iPhone to Android smartphone.
1. Before continuing with the tutorial, make sure you have downloaded and installed the app from the link above.
2. Now launch the app and then connect both phones to your computer. Here, click on the “Transfer” button in the Phone Transfer menu.
Note: I am using MobileTrans on my Mac to transfer chats. But the process is the same even if you are using a Windows system.
3. Now set iPhone as source and Android phone as destination. The source phone is the one on the left. If for some reason your iPhone appears on the right side, click on the “Return” button.
4. Choose “Text Messages” as the data source and then click the “Start” button to start the transfer.
5. Now wait a few minutes for the transfer to complete and disconnect your phones.
Easily transfer text messages from Android to iPhone
As you can see, the whole process only takes a few clicks and is completed in a few minutes. I was able to complete the whole transfer in 10 minutes. And that includes the time needed to download and install the app. So if losing your text messages is the only thing stopping you from jumping ship, install the Wondershare MobileTrans app today and have your messages forwarded in minutes.