Unlike the Windows operating system, macOS does not allow users to browse the file system of Android smartphones natively. This is why Mac users often rely on third-party options for transferring files between Android and macOS.
If you are a Mac user and looking for ways to transfer files between Android and macOS, you are reading the right article. In this article, we will share some of the easy methods that would help you transfer files between Android and macOS with ease.
Methods to transfer files between Android and MAC
There are many software programs available on the internet which greatly facilitate the process of transferring files. However, in this article, we have shared the working methods that would allow you to move your files between Mac and Android devices. So let’s check it out.
1. Android file transfer tool
Well, Google has its own file transfer tool which allows you to browse and transfer files between your MAC and Android computer. The tool is absolutely free and it does its job very well.
From now on, Android file transfer tool seems to be the fastest and easiest way to explore file from Android on MAC. You just need to install the free tool on your Mac and plug in the Android device.
The file transfer tool will automatically detect the connected device to display a window where you can transfer files between devices.
By using this application, one could easily transfer the files between Mac and Android devices via the USB cable. Follow some of the simple steps below to use Handshaker to transfer files between Mac and Android.
- Install Hanshaker on the Mac and then launch it there. Connect Android via USB cable to Mac.
- The Android app would be installed on your Android device, reconnect your Android to the Mac after that, and you will be able to see all your files and folders in the app.
- File transfer can be done with easy copy and paste or drag and drop options.
This is another great app which could be used to share files and mirror notifications and messages etc. between Android and Mac. To share files between Android and Mac using this app, just read the process.
- Install AirDroid on your Mac and go to the Airdroid web client on Mac using My Browser. Tap the QR option in the Android app and confirm the web client QR code on Mac through your phone’s camera.
- Connect to your Android device through the app and then you can share the files between your Mac and Android. There are also many other tasks that could be performed that you would like to use.
Another best method that could be used to share files between Android and Mac is File Transfer Protocol. By using the file browsers like ES File Explorer on the Android device, the FTP connection between Android and Mac can be created easily and hence the task can be done.
- First, open the Mac terminal and type the command: ” sudo -s launchctl load -w / System / Library / LaunchDaemo “
- On an Android device, open the ES File browser, tap the three-dot menu at the top left, and select FTP then under the network ct FTP .
- Create a new FTP connection by tapping New on the Android device.
- Manage your created FTP by filling in the details IP Address: ifconfig / grep inet / grep 192 ”Enter the username and password of your choice
- That’s it. Now press OK and then find your Mac files under the server in ES File Explorer.
So, these are some of the best methods to transfer files between Android and Mac. By following the above methods, you can easily transfer all types of files. Hope this article has helped you! Also share it with your friends. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.