If you are switching from Android to iPhone, you will also need to transfer your contacts. Fortunately, the process of transferring contacts from Android to iPhone is quite straightforward and there are several ways to do it. In this comprehensive guide, you will learn how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. Let’s dive into the heart of the matter.
How to transfer Android contacts to iPhone using Migrate to iOS app
If you want to transfer your Android contacts to iPhone, Apple can help you with its Move to iOS app. It is a dedicated application from Apple designed to help you transfer your data from Android to iPhone. Whether it’s contacts or other data, you can transfer it using the Migrate to iOS app.
You must now ask yourself how ” Migrate to iOS app »Transfers contacts. The app basically creates private Wifi, you can connect with your iPhone, and once the two devices are connected, the app sends the data to the iPhone wirelessly.
Here’s how you can use the Migrate to iOS app to transfer your contacts.
- On your new iPhone, start the setup process.
- When you reach the screen Applications and data, to select Move data from Android.
- Now install the app Migrate to iOS on your Android smartphone, give it permissions and press Continue.
- You will be asked to enter the code that you will find on your iPhone screen.
- Once you have entered the code, you will choose the data you wish to transfer. As we want to transfer contacts, we will choose contacts.
The device will take some time to fully transfer the data. Once the process is complete, you will find all the contacts on your new iPhone.
How to Transfer Android Contacts to iPhone Using Google Account
You can also use your Google account to transfer Android contacts to iPhone. If you’ve been using your Android for a long time, chances are good that your contacts are already synced with your Gmail account, but you can always recheck it by following these steps.
- Turn on your Android smartphone.
- Go to your home screen or to the Applications section. Find the application of settings and press it to access the settings.
- In the settings, access the section System and press it.
- Find section Backup and restore and press it.
- Now check if the backup to google is activated.
- Also access the section Backup and press Save now.
The system will take some time to save the data. Once done, you can access it through the iPhone. Here is how you can do it.
- Turn on your iPhone.
- Open the settings from your iPhone.
- Go to section Passwords and accounts.
- Now press Add an account, then select Google and add your google account to iPhone.
After you add your Google account to iPhone, it will take some time for the system to sync it with your account and you will be able to access your contacts.
How to Transfer Android Contacts to iPhone Using VCF File
If you think the above methods are not very helpful and you are looking for an alternative, you can use the VCF file to transfer your contacts. In this method, you will share the contacts in a file by email or WhatsApp and then get it back to your iPhone.
Here is how you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using VCF file.
- Open the Contacts application on your smartphone.
- Now search for the contact you want to transfer. Long press the contact and different options appear. To push on Share contact and select File VCard (VCF).
This way you can share as many contacts as you want without any restrictions. If you have many contacts, we recommend that you use the other methods in this guide.
How to Transfer Android Contacts to iPhone Using SIM Card
If you are looking for an easy method to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone, you can use your SIM card. A regular SIM card can easily store more than 250 contacts, but if your contacts are around 300 or more, we recommend that you use the other method in this guide. Here is how to transfer Android contacts to iPhone using SIM card.
- Open the app Contacts on your smartphone.
- Press the More Options button (the one with three parallel lines) on the left side of the screen.
- Go to the section now Contact management and press it.
- In the Contact management section, select Import and export contacts.
- Here you will get the two buttons: Import and Export. Push the button Export.
- Now select where you want to export the contacts. In our case, we select the SIM card. If you have dual SIM, you can choose the other option like Export to SIM 1 or Export to SIM 2.
Once the contacts are transferred, put it on your iPhone and you can use it.
Which transfer method is right for you?
In this guide, we have described the 4 methods that you can use to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. You can’t go wrong with any of these methods, but we recommend using the Google Account if you want the best method.
The biggest advantage of using the Google Account is that your contacts will be synced to the cloud, and even if you lose your smartphone, your contacts will remain safe. In addition, if you change your smartphone frequently, using your Google account will allow you to change mobile phones on the go without worrying about contacts.
You can also use the Migrate to iOS app to transfer the data, which also works great. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which method you want to use.
Now you know how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section below. In addition, if you need transfer data from iPhone to Android, you can consult our guide.