What there is to know
- Taking a screenshot on the iPhone 12 is easy: just press the “Volume +” button and the “Side” button simultaneously.
- After taking a screenshot, you can annotate the image or share it.
- Screenshots are saved in your Photos app, in the Screenshots section.
This article explains how to take a screenshot on iPhone 12 and what to take screenshots once you have them, including sharing them.
Taking a screenshot on iPhone 12 is a great way to keep a meaningful message, a good joke, or some other important moment. While there are third-party apps that take screenshots, you don’t need them. The ability to take a screenshot on the iPhone 12 is built into iOS. Here’s what you need to do:
- Get anything you want as a screenshot on your iPhone. It could be a text message, a web page, or something in an app.
- Simultaneously press the button lateral and on the buttonvolume increase.
- When the screen flashes and you hear a camera noise, it means you have taken a screenshot. A thumbnail of the screenshot appears in the lower left corner.
- To save the screenshot and do nothing else with it, just drag it to the left edge of the screen. If you want to edit or share the screenshot, tap the thumbnail.
Need to learn how to take a screenshot on another model of iPhone? We have instructions that cover all iPhones, starting with the very first one.
Where to find your iPhone 12 Screenshot
When you take a screenshot on iPhone 12, it is saved to a special folder in the Photos app preinstalled on your phone. To view a screenshot, follow these steps:
- Tap the app Pictures.
- Yes Albums is not already selected in the bottom bar, tap it.
- Scroll down and press Screenshot. Here is a collection of all the screenshots you have taken.
- Your screenshots are also in your album Camera Roll, mixed with other photos.
Once you save a screenshot on your iPhone 12, you can share it just like any other photo: by text, email, social media, etc. You can also delete it or synchronize it with your computer. Follow these steps to share a screenshot:
- In the app Pictures, find the screenshot in the Camera Roll or in the album Screenshots. Then tap the screenshot to open it.
- Push the button ” Share » (the box with the arrow coming out of it).
- Touch the app you want to use to share the screenshot. In this case, we will copy the photo so that we can paste it into another application.
- If you tapped on an app in the second row, it will open. Complete the sharing by following the steps specific to that application. In our case, we’ll paste in a new Tweet.