What there is to know
- Open the game you want to stream and press the Create button. Select Diffusion with X in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose between YouTube or Twitch by pressing X. You will need to link any service you select before you start streaming.
- Name your show and use ellipsis (…) button next to Go option Live to customize your feed settings.
Want to stream the gameplay to your PS5? You’re in luck, because Sony made this doable with just a few button presses with the built-in Twitch and YouTube integration.
Sharing content is pretty straightforward through the PS5.
- Launch the game you want to stream.
- Press on the button Create. Navigate to spread in the newly opened menu at the bottom of the screen, and select it with X.
- Use X to choose between YouTube and Twitch to stream. If you haven’t already linked these accounts to your PlayStation Network account, you’ll be prompted to do so.
- Name your show and press on X on Go Live for start broadcasting. If you want to change your stream settings, like the quality of the stream, whether or not to broadcast your camera and voice chat, and more, select ellipsis (…) button with X.
- To pause your stream, press on the PlayStation button to access the control centerand press on Square while selecting the map for your feed. Press on X while selecting the card to access the option to stop your flow.
Tips for streaming on PS5
The streaming process itself on PS5 is straightforward, but there are a few details to keep in mind depending on your personal situation.
Do you need PlayStation Plus to stream?
No. You only need an internet connection and be signed in to your PlayStation Network account to stream on PS5. You will also need to link a streaming service account.
Is Streaming Right Now Important to You?
After linking your YouTube account, you may need to verify that your account is starting to be streaming. YouTube notes that this process can take up to 24 hours. Twitch doesn’t need a verification process, and once your accounts are linked, you can jump into streaming immediately.
What does it mean to link your account with PlayStation?
When you link your Twitch or YouTube account to your PlayStation Network account, Sony notes that nothing will be posted to YouTube or Twitch without your permission.
However, Sony goes on to say that public broadcasts will automatically air on your PlayStation Network profile and may be available for others to discover in the context of current and future PlayStation features.
Ultimately, it’s not uncommon for publicly accessible content to be accessed by others, but if you’re only recording stupid things for your friends and family, make sure those public feeds are actually there. public.
Can you stream more than gameplay with PS5?
Whether you can. In the menu found behind ellipsis (…) button during the broadcast creation process, here you can choose to broadcast from a connected camera and include voice chat audio in addition to your gameplay.