There are several reasons that can lead you to chat discreetly on social networks : a possessive partner, top secret discussions with your friends or for avoid catching you in the act by your boss… Etc. Whatever your excuse, Facebook offers you the functionality appropriate to your situation: the possibility of having secret conversations on Facebook Messenger.
Parents must remain agile in the face of this kind of innovation in the mobile sector. Besides, I recommend the parental control apps to track your child’s internet activities. This article explains how to start a secret conversation on Messenger.
Activate secret conversations on Messenger
Like WhatsApp, Facebook also offers end-to-end secure private messages to ensure better privacy during your online conversations. To activate the feature, follow the next steps.
- Launch the app Facebook Messenger on your smartphone.
- Click on the pencil icon in top right.
- To activate the secret conversation, drag the button of padlock to the right.
- Select the contact you want to send a message to.
- Now it’s safe to compose and send your message. As soon as your contact reads your text, it will be deleted in about 10 seconds.
In order to be sure to have the functionality of secret conversations, you can update your Facebook Messenger app by clicking below.