What there is to know:
- Make sure you install the PS5 stand correctly.
- Once the console is plugged in and powered on, the steps are pretty intuitive.
- Reserve some time for setup as it takes around 30-40 minutes.
This article explains how to configure a playstation 5 game console. We also include tips for getting the most out of your new gaming console.
How to set up your PS5 stand
Before you connect power cords and more to your Sony PlayStation 5, the first thing you need to do is set up the PS5 stand correctly. It can be a bit awkward so here’s what to do.
The PS5 stand should be installed whether you place the PS5 horizontally or vertically, to ensure that the console is secure.
- Take the stand out of the box and turn it over.
- Rotate the top and bottom of the stand in opposite directions until it clicks. A compartment containing a screw should now be visible.
- Remove the screw and set aside for a secure hold.
- Place the PlayStation 5 upside down on a flat surface.
- Remove the screw hole plug from the side of the console. (what would be the bottom if he stood)
- Put the plug in the base compartment hole for a secure hold.
- If you want to place the console vertically, secure the base with the hooks sliding below the power port on the back of the console. Rotate the bracket to its original position, then insert the screw and secure it tight with a coin or screwdriver.
- If you want to place the console horizontally, rotate the base until the raised plastic part is slightly to the right of the hook, then line it up with the PlayStation symbols on the console body until it clicks. feels cut off.
- Your stand should now be securely attached to your console.
Ready to turn on your PS5? Not quite. Here’s how to connect it to your TV or monitor.
These steps apply to both Sony PlayStation 5 and Sony PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
- Connect the included power cord to your console, then plug it into a power outlet.
- Connect the HDMI cable that came with your Sony PlayStation 5 to the console.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to an HDMI port on your TV. Use an HDMI 2.1 port if you plan to play 4K HDR on your console.
- Connect an Ethernet cable between your modem / router and your PlayStation 5. It is not necessary to do this if you plan to use Wi-Fi.
- Press the Power button on the front of your PlayStation 5 to activate the console.
Now that your PlayStation 5 console is on and plugged in, here are the steps on how to get set up.
- Connect your PS5 controller to the console using the USB cable that came with the system.
- Press the button in the middle of your PS5 controller.
- Choose your language and press X.
- Select your network or choose to connect via Wi-Fi. You can also skip this step if you want to connect to the network at a later date.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, select your network and enter the password. Did you enter your password incorrectly? Select the network from the list, then click on Advanced settings> Password to enter the correct password.
- Adjust the screen with the D-Pad keys on the controller, then press X when you’re happy with it.
- Adjust HDR settings in the same way. This will happen three times in a slightly different way. Do not worry. It’s normal!
- Choose to insert a game disc so that it can install while you complete the setup steps. It’s optional but very useful if you want to be able to play a game quickly after setup.
- Select your power options. The console defaults on low power use, but we recommend the Optimized Experience because it updates your games while you’re away from the console, as well as allows you to play remotely.
- Accept the license agreement by typing X on Confirm.
- Press X to update the system software if you are connected to the Internet, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once the console has updated, enter your PSN ID details to sign in to your PlayStation account. You can create one here if you don’t already have an existing account.
- Choose your PSN privacy settings. Social and open is the more open option with a focused friend being the most balanced choice.
- Choose to share anonymous data with Sony if you wish.
- Choose to download multimedia apps to get you started. The console offers popular choices like Netflix and Disney + but it’s completely optional.
- Press sure Continue if you want to transfer data from a PS4 located on your local network or choose Do This Later. You can choose to transfer all of your PS4 content or just transfer files and account details. The latter is much faster to do.
- Wait for the PS5 to restart
- You can now use the console!
Tips for a successful Playstation 5 setup
Ps5 setup is pretty straightforward, but there are a few issues that can crop up as well as things you can do to make the process run more smoothly. Here are some tips on how to speed up the process:
- Complete the initial setup in advance if you are giving the Sony PlayStation 5 as a gift. If you save the PlayStation 5 as a holiday gift or as a gift anniversary, install it in advance so that the receiver can use the console immediately instead of waiting for system updates.
- Find the right home for her. Sony’s PlayStation 5 is a great console. Find the right house for it before you set it up, and make sure there is plenty of ventilation and no risk of overheating.
- Use a 4K TV if possible. The PlayStation 5 is capable of full UHD 4K graphics output. It’s going to work on non-4K TVs, but to get the most out of it, you need a 4K TV.