You want to send a photo to WhatsApp and don’t want it to be compressed. By default, the images sent are automatically sent, but this tutorial we will see how to keep the original resolution.
WhatsApp is the go-to instant messaging app, used by over 1.5 billion people worldwide. Beyond messages, it is also the perfect channel to exchange media with our acquaintances. You come back from vacation with beautiful photos to share with your friends and family. Sending the images by WhatsApp will compress them automatically. If you want it not to be, it is entirely possible.
How to send photos by WhatsApp in original quality resolution?
In this article, we are going to see two methods that work perfectly. To send an image on Whatsapp without loss of quality, you have the choice between transferring it as a document or archiving it as a zip file.
Method 1: send the photo to WhatsApp as a document
- Open WhatsApp and go to the conversation of the contact with whom you want to exchange photos.
- Tap the “attachment” icon at the bottom which looks like a pin / paperclip.
- Rather than selecting Gallery, choose instead Document.
- If you don’t see recent photos on the screen, tap Browse other documents at the top and navigate through the explorer to the location of the images to send.
- Select them, press the send button and you’re done.
Method 2: zip the pictures
Collecting images into an archive (zip) file is a great way to send them without losing quality. This is also a recommended method if you have dozens or even hundreds of images to send. All in bulk in a single file. The recipient will however have to decompress the archive to recover the photos one by one.