LG G6 (codename: h870 / h872 / us997) was basically released in February 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and has also been upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Recently, this device also received official TWRP recovery support. So, on this page, we are going to guide you to install TWRP Recovery on LG G6. This guide basically contains both written instructions and a video tutorial to help you get it set up quickly. Make sure you download the required files and then go straight to the instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Your LG G6. Just read this article to know all about How to Root LG G6 and Install TWRP Recovery. Let’s get started!
Also, keep in mind that before proceeding with the process, you will need to unlock the device’s bootloader first. As smartphone manufacturers provide locked bootloader to their devices due to security concerns. To install a third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be able to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your LG G6 device and also root. TWRP recovery can also perform Nandroid backups, restore, wipe system / data / cache, and much more.
TWRP Recovery and Its Benefits
Team Win Recovery Project is basically an open source software custom recovery image for Android devices. It offers a touchscreen interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, the functions of which are often not supported through stock recovery images. – Wikipedia
Benefits of TWRP recovery:
- You can flash custom ROM on LG G6 via TWRP
- You can also flash modding zip files to personalize your phone
- Easy to flash and also use Xposed modules using TWRP
- Easy to root and uproot via TWRP Recovery zip flashable SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on LG G6
- Easy to create and restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Really easy access to restore Nandroid backup.
- You can also flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on LG G6
- Easily remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on LG G6.
- FOR underclocking and overclocking.
- You can also clean up Wipe, Cache and Data.
Before proceeding with the TWRP installation process, you should make sure that you have successfully completed all the prerequisites mentioned below.
- The file and guide are only supported for LG G6 model (all variants). Do not try it on other devices.
- LG G6 bootloader must also be unlocked.
- A PC or laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Also make sure to take a full backup of device data (no root).
- Also fully charge your device’s battery.
- You need to download all the required files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File name||TWRP recovery|
|Version||V3.4.0 and higher|
|Download link||Download (h870)|
ADB and Quick Start Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers and tools, you should go through the installation process.
- First, just enable Developer Options and USB Debugging Mode on your device.
- Head towards the device Settings > System > About the phone > then click seven times on the build number to activate Developer Options mode.
- Now head to Developer options in the Settings menu and then turn on the toggle to enable usb debugging.
- Then you need to open ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and press the right mouse button to open the command window.
- Turn off your device> Press and hold the volume up + power buttons for a few seconds in order to enter Fastboot mode.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable, then type the following code in the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- To start, you can use the command quick start twrpname.img
- That’s it. You have successfully installed TWRP recovery on LG G6 device. Now you also need to flash the root.
What is the root?
Rooting the smartphone is basically the unofficial way to allow an administrator or superuser to access your device’s system and subsystem as well. Therefore, the user can easily adjust, modify, edit or also easily delete the system files and applications.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, boost device performance, reduce battery drain, install Xposed modules, and much more. But, rooting the smartphone will void the warranty of the device and you may not be able to receive OTA software updates anymore. Poor rooting method can also easily crash your device. So make sure you follow the guide carefully.
The advantage of rooting:
- You can access all the files on your LG G6, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can also increase the performance of your LG G6 through overclocking.
- With rooting, you can increase battery life through LG G6 under-clocking.
- Now uninstall Bloatware on LG G6.
- You can also block ads on all Android apps like Youtube and other games related apps.
- With Rooting LG G6, you can view, edit or also delete any system file in the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed framework and a lot of Xposed module support.
Okay, that was all folks! I hope you enjoy this article and that it is useful to you as well. Give us your opinion on it. Also, if you have other questions and issues related to this article. So let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a nice day!