This article explains three ways to remove and uninstall an app on an iPad running iPadOS 14 and later: on the Home screen, in the Settings app, and in the App Store app. The basic concepts should work for earlier versions of iPadOS as well, although the exact steps might be a little different.
How to delete apps on an iPad from the home screen
Deleting iPad apps that you no longer use is a quick way to clean up your Home screen. The easiest way to delete apps on iPad is right from the Home screen. Here’s what to do:
- Tap and hold on the app you want to remove.
- In the menu that appears outside the application, press Delete the app.
- In the pop-up window, press To delete.
In step 2, you can also press Change the home screen. The menu disappears and all applications start to shake. Press the X on a shaky app to remove it.
How to remove and uninstall an app on iPad using Settings
While removing apps from the iPad Home screen is the fastest option, if your goal is to free up storage space, you may want to remove apps using the Settings app. Here’s how:
How to Delete Apps on iPad Using the App Store App
Looking for another option to remove apps from your iPad? You can do this from the App Store app by following these steps:
- Press theApp Store application.
- Tap your icon or photo in the top right corner to open the account pop-up window.
- In the section Updates available, swipe right to left on the app you want to remove to display the button To delete.
- To push on To delete.
- In the pop-up window, press To delete to uninstall the application.
In this guide, you have learned how to remove and uninstall an app on iPad. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. In addition, also consult this guide if you want to learn how to organize apps on your iPad.