Here’s how to filter a recording on iPhone with the built-in screen recording tool, along with some great third-party apps.
Being able to record your iPhone screen comes in handy for various reasons. You can record your screen to show a friend or family member how to do something on an iPhone. Maybe you have a blog where you post short video tutorials for iOS. Or maybe you want to make your own YouTube channel full of how-to videos on iPhone.
Either way, now it’s easier than ever to create a screen recording on iOS. We will walk you through how to record screen on your iPhone with a built-in tool as well as some iPhone screen recording apps.
SEE AS WELL:
How to Record a Screen on iPhones
IPhones running iOS 11 and later can use the screen recording tool. This utility is built right into iOS, doesn’t cost a dime, and is one of the most useful iPhone widgets.
Step 1. Activate the screen recording tool
To use the screen recording tool on iOS, you must first activate it in Control Center. To do this:
- Open Settings and select Control center .
- Scroll to More controls and you should see Screen recording .
- Tap the icon More and drag it up under the header Controls included.
Step 2. Start your screen recording
- Open the control center . On an iPhone X or later, swipe up from the top right corner of the screen to do this. On previous models, swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
- Press the button screen recording and you will see a three second countdown before your phone starts recording. This gives you time to prepare your screen. You can turn on Do Not Disturb to prevent pop-up notifications from interfering with screen recording.
- If you want to capture audio while recording your screen, long press the button and then tap the icon Microphone off to activate it. Once you turn on the microphone, it will capture audio the next time you record your screen, unless you go back and turn it off.
- While recording, the bar or clock at the top of your screen will be red.
Step 3. Stop your screen recording
- To stop recording, you can tap the red clock or the red bar at the top and confirm that you want to end recording by tapping Stop . You can also press the button again. Screen recording in the Control Center.
- When you stop recording, you will see a notification that the screen recording has been saved in your Photos app. And There you go! This is how to record your screen.
How to use iPhone screen recording apps
While the screen recording tool that comes with iOS works well enough, you might want to try a third-party app that offers additional functionality. There are plenty of apps to choose from, but all three of these apps are free to download and easy to use.
1. Capture TechSmith
If you’re a fan of Snagit for computer screenshots, you’ll love TechSmith Capture for iPhone and iPad.
Press the red button at the top of the app to start recording, and then select Start the broadcast on the next screen. If you want, you can also turn on the microphone to record audio.
Just like the native iOS tool, the clock or bar at the top of your screen will show in red while recording. To stop recording, press this red bar and select Stop . You will see a notification that your screen recording has been saved.
Open the app and you’ll see the recording, which you can share if you want. Select an option from Camtasia, Snagit, TechSmith Relay, or one of your device’s sharing options. The option to share with Snagit is ideal if Snagit is installed on your computer.
Download : TechSmith Capture (free)
2. Save it! Screen recorder
Save it! Screen Recorder is another good option from the App Store. This app works almost the same as TechSmith Capture.
To start recording, press the red button , then select Start the broadcast on the next screen. Again, you can turn on the microphone if you want to record audio with your screen as well.
The clock or bar at the top of your screen will be red while recording. To end your recording, press the clock or the red bar and select Stop . You will see an alert that your screen recording has been saved.
Open the app to view your recording. From there, you can share it to your Camera Roll, YouTube, or any of the other apps on your device. Save it! also offers a nice video editor so you can crop your recording, change canvas size, add background color, etc.
Download : save it! Screen recorder (free and premium version available)
3. DU recorder
Another iPhone screen recording app to check out is DU Recorder. This app works the same for screen recordings as the two above. However, with DU Recorder you start by pressing Save to local device if you want to save the recording on your photos. Then press Start recording , select DU Recorder and choose Start the broadcast .
You will be greeted by the clock or the red bar at the top of your screen, just like the others. Press the clock or red bar to stop your recording, then press Stop to confirm. You will see a notification that your recording has been saved to your photos.
DU Recorder also offers additional features including live streaming to YouTube, Facebook and Twitch. You can also edit videos from the app to cut, add text or music and crop your recording.
Download : DU Recorder (subscription required, free trial available)
It’s your turn to create an iPhone screenshot
Now that you know how to use the handy screen recording tool in iOS, along with some great apps from the App Store, it’s your turn. Now you can create an excellent iPhone screen recording in a matter of minutes.