This article explains how to add music to your Snapchat photos or videos using the built-in sounds or recording your own.
How to Add Featured Sounds to Your Snaps
Snapchat offers a selection of song clips that you can automatically insert into your photo or video snaps. Unlike Tik Tok, Snapchat’s featured sound library is relatively small. There is, however, a search function that allows you to search for specific songs or sounds.
1. Launch Snapchat and tap the icon Camera.
2. Press Music (music notes icon) in the top right menu.
3. A tab Featured open to. You will see a category Playlists with different genres as well as a category Popular with a list of tracks.
Note : Other tabs in the music section include My favourites, Recent and my sounds.
4. Explore available genres and featured music, or enter a keyword or song title in the search field. research.
5. Press the icon of play next to any track to preview music.
6. When you choose a track, press Next at the bottom of the screen.
7. You will see a slider above the iconregistrationallowing you to choose a snippet of the song to include in your Snap.
8. Save your video for your Snap. You will see a sticker displaying the song title and artist. (You can reposition this sticker if you wish.)
Note : If you don’t like how your Snap looks or sounds, tap the icon X to select a different sound or drop it to start over.
9. Continue editing or adding features like stickers and filters as you normally would, then send the Snap or post it to your Story.
Important : If you’ve already taken or recorded a Snap, you can add the music later by following these same steps.
How to add your own sounds to your shots
If you can’t find a sound you want to use in Snapchat’s built-in music, you can save your own and automatically add it to your Snap.
1. Go to Snapchat music and sound options. In the tab Featured, press + Create sound.
2. Press on Load from Camera Roll to use sound from a video, or press record sound. In this example, we will select record sound.
3. Press the microphone to start recording your sound.
4. Press To register to stop recording.
5. Name the sound and press record sound.
Note : You can choose to make the sound public by toggling the slider next to Make this sound public?
6. To use recorded sound, tap the musical notes on the camera screen, then select the tab my sounds.
Edit or delete a recorded sound by long pressing one of your recorded sounds. Then select Edit to change their name or privacy settings or select To delete to delete it.
7. Press the icon Reading next to your sound, then tap Next.
8. Adjust the sound slider, if needed, then take or save your Snap. Add filters or enhancements, then tap Send to to send your Snap with the custom sound.
If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also check out this guide if you want to learn how to create a private Story on Snapchat.