Android smartphones are known for their customization options and you have a variety of options that you can use to personalize your phone. Today we are going to focus on ringtone and you will learn how to set custom ringtone on Android phone. Let’s get started.
How to Change Ringtone on Android (Stock Android)
Stock Android is the purest version of Android that you get on Google Pixel devices. The best thing about Stock Android phones like Google Pixel is that Google manages their updates and as a result, users get instant updates which results in a better overall experience. The process of setting a custom ringtone on Google Pixel phones is very simple. Here is how you can do it.
- Unlock your Google Pixel phone.
- Now swipe your finger up on the home screen, find the app of the settings and press it.
- In the settings, go to the section Sound and vibration and press it.
- Now go to the section advanced.
- When you want to set the custom ringtone, tap the option Alarm phone.
- Select the folder where you want to choose the ringtone.
- When finished, press Save, and that’s all.
Congratulations! You have successfully set the custom ringtone on your Google Pixel smartphone. The process of changing the ringtone on most popular Android phones is the same, so you won’t have any trouble changing the ringtone.
How to put a custom ringtone on Samsung smartphones
Samsung is one of the giants of the smartphone industry because the company has millions of customers around the world. The company offers a wide range of smartphones for different price segments of the market. When it comes to changing the wallpaper on Samsung devices, the process is pretty straightforward. Here is how you can do it.
- Unlock your Samsung smartphone.
- Now go to the applications menu and find the application of settings, tap it.
- Once you are in the settings, go to the section Sounds and vibrations and press it.
- Now go to the section Alarm and press it.
- On the next screen you will find the list of all available ringtones, which you can set as default, right away. However, if you want to set a custom ringtone, tap the icon “+” in the upper right corner.
- The system will open a list of all the ringtones available on your device.
- Select the one you like and set it.
Congratulations! You have successfully put the personalized ringtone on your Samsung smartphone. As Samsung offers a wide range of devices, you may get different options depending on which version of Android you have. However, the overall process is very similar and you can easily set the custom ringtone on your Samsung smartphone.
How to put a personalized ringtone on Xiaomi smartphones
Xiaomi is one of the most popular smartphone companies in the world. The company is mainly known for its flagship devices, which offer flagship-level features at competitive prices. When it comes to setting the ringtone on Xiaomi smartphones, the process is very straightforward and easy. Here is how to put a custom ringtone on an Android phone.
- Unlock your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Swipe up from the top of the screen and tap thegear icon in high.
- Once you are in the settings, go to the section Sound and vibration.
- Now look for the section Alarm and press.
- Press on All ringtones.
- Here you will find a list of all available ringtones that you can set. If you want to choose the ringtone for your devices, press Choose the local ringtone.
- Here you can make your own ringtone using recorder, or you can just choose ringtone from file manager or music.
- Select the ringtone you want and apply it.
Congratulations! You have successfully set the custom ringtone on your Android phone. The process for setting the ringtone on some Xiaomi smartphones may vary depending on the version of Android, but the overall process is very similar.
How to put a custom ringtone on LG smartphones
LG is another very popular smartphone company that mainly focuses on the premium level of the smartphone market. The company offers a wide range of high-end devices, accompanied by many great features and specifications. However, the process of changing the wallpaper on LG phones is also very similar to that of other Android devices. Here is how to set a custom ringtone on LG.
- Unlock your LG smartphone.
- Swipe up from the top of your LG screen and tap thegear icon to access settings.
- In settings, swipe left and go to the section His.
- Now go to the section Alarm and press it.
- Here you will find a list of all available ringtones, which you can set as a personalized ringtone. If you want device options, tap the icon “+” in the upper right corner.
- Select the ringtone you want and set it.
Congratulations! You have successfully set the custom ringtone on your LG phone. Like most smartphone manufacturers, LG is also quite slow with updates. So if you have an older version of Android on your device, you might come across slightly different options, but the overall process is very similar. Just go to settings, find the sound section, and there you will find the option to set the custom ringtone of your choice.
See also: The best ringtone apps on Android
In this guide, we have shared the step by step guide on how to set custom ringtone on Android. We have explained the ringtone change process for popular smartphone companies like Google, Samsung, Xiaomi, and LG. However, the process is also similar to that of other Android smartphones. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also check this guide if you want to know how to take screenshot on android.