Some YouTube channels are just not worth your attention. If you don’t like a YouTube channel, here’s how to block it so you don’t see it again.
There are some YouTube channels that you never want to see. Maybe they’re producing shoddy clickbait content, or the creator’s opinions don’t match yours. Either way, you shouldn’t let channels you don’t want to see fill your YouTube feed.
We are going to show you how to block YouTube channels on any device.
SEE AS WELL: How to automatically delete YouTube watch and search history
How to block a YouTube channel
Strictly speaking, as a viewer, you cannot “block” a YouTube channel in the common sense of the word on the Internet. You can simply prevent it from appearing in your recommendations and on your feed. However, this does not prevent you from seeing the channel elsewhere, such as in search results or on external sites.
When you block a YouTube channel, it is enforced at the account level to improve your YouTube recommendations. This means that you can block a channel on your desktop, for example, and it will automatically be blocked on your mobile.
To block a YouTube channel:
- On the YouTube home page, find a video from a channel you want to block.
- If you are on a computer, fly over the video.
- Select the three vertical points.
- Select Do not recommend the chain.
- If you made a mistake, select to cancel.
How to unblock a YouTube channel
Unfortunately, unless you select to cancel immediately after blocking a channel, you cannot unblock individually. It’s all or nothing.
So, to completely unblock all channels:
- Access your Google My activity page.
- In the left menu, click Other Google activity .
- Under YouTube comments “Not interested” , click on To delete.
- Click again on To delete to confirm.
Focus on the YouTube channels you enjoy
YouTube’s recommendation algorithm works great, but it’s also wrong. Sometimes you can watch a video from a channel and you are plastered with endless recommendations. But what if you don’t like it? Cut the noise, block the channel and increase your YouTube experience.