How to measure someone’s height on your iPhone 12 Pro using the LiDAR scanner
The iPhone 12 models boast a cargo of changes that set it apart from its predecessor. While the design is one of the more obvious changes, there are other key factors as well. For example, the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max have a LiDAR scanner on the back that will allow you to create a depth map of the subject. However, this isn’t the only utility you can derive from the sensor as it does a lot of other cool stuff too. You can now measure someone’s height on iPhone 12 Pro models using the LiDAR scanner.
Measure Height on iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max Using LiDAR Scanner – Simple Steps
The LiDAR scanner on the iPhone 12 Pro models is a great addition that enables supreme augmented reality features. Apart from that, the LiDAR scanner will also allow you to measure someone’s height on iPhone 12 Pro models. According to Apple, you can also measure someone’s sitting height as well. The way the feature works is very simple – it basically detects the person in the viewfinder and measures their height from toes to heads.
If you are not familiar with the operation, we will let you know how you can measure someone’s height on the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. For your convenience, we’ve compiled a series of step-by-step instructions that you can use to measure someone’s height without the need to carry a dedicated measuring tape. Here is how to do it.
- The first thing you need to do is launch the app Measure on your iPhone 12 Pro or its larger variant.
- Place the person whose height you want to measure in the center of the viewfinder so that their head and fronts are all in place.
- Wait a while and a line will appear above the person’s head with the height measurement. (The measurement appears in feet or inches, but you can always change this from settings > Measured > Units of measured.)
- Push the button Shutter to take a picture of the measurement.
- To save the recorded measurement, tap the screenshot in the lower left corner of the screen, tap Done,then choose if you want to save it in the Photos or Files app.
(You can access the photo through the Photos app or Files app, depending on where you saved it.
That’s all you need to do in order to measure someone’s height using the LiDAR scanner on your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro Max. While the measurement app is available on most iPhone models, the feature only works with the newer iPhone 12 Pro models. This is due to the fact that only the iPhone 12 Pro and its “Max” variant houses the LiDAR scanner. Apart from that, the feature is also available on the new iPad Pro 2020 with a LiDAR scanner. Here’s how Apple explains the feature.
That’s all for now, guys. How did you like the new feature? Let us know in the comments.