What there is to know
- Make a craft table and put 8 pavers or black stones in the outer boxes (leave the center box empty).
- To use an oven, add a fuel source (charcoal, wood, etc.) and the item you want to melt.
This guide covers oven recipes and how to make an oven in Minecraft on each platform.
Before you can craft an oven, you need to build a crafting table and collect the necessary materials.
- Make a worktable. Place 4 boards of wood of the same type of wood in each box of the 2X2 Crafting Grid. You can use any type of wood (oak planks, jungle boards, etc.).
- Mine 8 Cobbles Stones or Blackstones.
- Ask your craft table on the floor and open it to access the 3X3 crafting grid. The way to do this depends on the version you are playing:
- Pc : Right-click on
- Mobile : Single press
- Xbox : LT press
- Playstation : Press L2
- Nintendo : Press ZL
- Make your furnace. Put 8 Cobblestones or Blackstones in the outer boxes (leave the middle box empty).
- Put it down oven on the ground and open it to access the merge menu.
Minecraft oven recipe
Once you have a crafting table, all you need to craft a stove is as follows:
- 8 Cobblestones or 8 Blackstones (You cannot mix them)
To melt items with your oven, you will also need a fuel source like coal, wood, or charcoal.
What can you do with a stove?
Use the ovens in Minecraft to craft new items by melting materials into your inventory. Many items can only be made by fusion. For example, smelting iron ore gives iron ingots, which are needed to make a shield.
No matter what you melt, the process of using an oven in Minecraft is always the same.
- Put the item you want to melt in the top left box of the oven menu.
- Put a fuel source (for example, charcoal or wood) in the lower left box of the oven menu.
- Wait for the progress bar to fill up.
- When the process is complete, drag the new item into your inventory.
A blast furnace can melt items twice as fast as a regular furnace.
- Open your craft table and place 3 iron ingots in the top row of the 3X3 grid. To craft iron ingots, you need to smelt iron ores with your furnace.
- In the second row put a iron ingot in the first box, a oven in the second box and a iron ingot in the third box.
- Put 3 Smooth Stones in the bottom row.
- To make Smooth Stones, we melted Cobblestones to make Stones, then we melted the Stones.
- Add the blast furnace to your inventory.