Your profile Bumble will determine the number of matches you will get and the quality of those matches. To increase your chances of getting the most quality matches, it’s important to fill in as many details as possible on your profile.
Your first activity on Bumble should be to create a complete profile. For some, it is also the most difficult. What do you write there? Here are some tips to get you started:
The following instructions assume that you have already signed up for a Bumble account through your phone number or Facebook account. Keep in mind that if you signed up through your Facebook account, some Facebook information (such as the most recent photos in your profile) will automatically appear in your Bumble profile, which you can edit by following these steps.
- On the Bumble app, tap the icon Profile in the bottom menu to access your profile tab, then tap the icon Edit (the pencil) next to your profile picture. On Bumble.com, select your profile picture in the upper left corner.
- On the app and on Bumble.com, select the X on an existing photo to delete it or press the + (plus sign) on an empty photo to upload a new one. You can add up to six photos to your profile. You can change the order of your photos on the app by using your finger to drag and drop them into place.
- Depending on which mode you use (Date, BFF, or Bizz), the sections of the profile you see below your photos will look slightly different. For the purposes of this tutorial, we’ll assume you’re using Date mode.
- To switch from one mode to another in the app, all you need to do is swipe left or right in the edit tab of your profile. If you are on Bumble.com, you will need to exit the edit profile page by selecting the X in the upper right corner, select the logo at the top, then select the appropriate mode before returning to the edit profile page.
- In the section of profile prompts, select a prompt that will help you showcase your personality. For example, if you select My dream guest, you will be prompted to type a response. You can fill as many profile prompts as you want and switch between them as often as you like, but you can only display one at a time on your profile.
- Select the To section about me and type a short summary about yourself. You are limited to 300 characters for this section.
- In the section My work and my studies, select Add a job for fill in your job title and company in the appropriate fields, then select Add or Record. If desired, select Add training to indicate your educational institution and year of graduation in the appropriate fields, then select Add or Record.
- In the section My basic info, select each subsection separately to choose an option from a multiple choice list (or use scales or maps). For Date mode, you can specify your gender, height, zodiac sign, pets, exercise, etc. Add details for each of the above to increase your chances of getting the most relevant matches. Avoid leaving blanks.
- You have the option to link your Instagram and Spotify accounts. Just select Connect your Instagram and or Connect your Spotify. You will need permission from Bumble to access these apps. When you link to Instagram or Spotify, your last Instagram posts and / or your last played titles appear on your Bumble profile.
- When you have finished filling out your profile details, tap Finished at the top right of the application or select the X at the top right of your browser.
- To see how your profile is viewed by other app users, tap your profile picture (not the pencil icon).
You can only see how your profile is viewed by other people on the app. There is no such function on the web version.