What there is to know
- On the main clubhouse tab, tap icon of the envelope at the top. Enter a phone number to send a direct invitation to someone.
- Or, allow clubhouse to access your contacts, then invite a contact. (This choice allows the Clubhouse to access all of your contacts.)
- Clubhouse generates a text invitation to send to your guest. When they accept the invitation, they appear as a follower.
Clubhouse is currently an invitation-only audio social network. While anyone can download the app and reserve a username, they must be invited by an active Clubhouse user before creating an account.
The Clubhouse app gives you the option to upload your contacts or invite people directly by entering a phone number.
If you’ve been invited to the Clubhouse and successfully set up your account, you can send up to two invitations to two other people.
Clubhouse is only available on iOS at this time, so consider inviting people who have an iOS device.
- On the main tab, tap icon of the envelope at the top of the screen.
- To invite someone without allowing Clubhouse to access your contacts, enter the person’s phone number.
- If you’ve given Clubhouse access to your contacts, search for a contact or scroll until you find someone you want to invite, then press Invite next to their name. Allowing Clubhouse to access your contact list gives the app access to all of your contacts, even those you haven’t invited to the Clubhouse. If you have privacy concerns, consider inviting contacts directly through their phone number.
- When you invite someone, your Messages app opens with a default text message to send. Optionally, customize the message as you want, then tap To send.
- Wait for your guest to accept your invitation. They appear as one of your followers after they join.
Tap the envelope icon on the tab main followed by View invitations in waiting to see who accepted or did not accept your invitation. Press optional on Send a callback next to any guest’s name to send them a reminder text message.
More information on Clubhouse Invite
You can’t cancel or revoke an invitation after it’s sent. Clubhouse recommends asking contacts if they are interested in joining. It can also be helpful to confirm that you have the correct phone number in your contacts before sending someone an invitation.
If you sent an invitation, but the guest never received your text, the invitation is still valid and the guest can still subscribe. Clubhouse approves the phone number up front when you press Invite next to a contact. The text is a notification.
To accept the invitation, the invitee must download the app, tap on Have an invitation text? Log in at the bottom of the screen and enter their phone number. As long as the phone number matches the phone number on the invitation, the invitee should have no problem creating their account.
If your guest cannot configure their Clubhouse account, contact clubhouse support and include your name, guest name, guest phone number, and screenshots of errors received by you or the guest.