If you have been using Windows 10, you might know that the operating system can hide / show any type of file. So, regardless of the file type, you can easily hide files on your file explorer.
Microsoft’s new Windows 11 also lets you hide and unhide files and folders in the operating system. Although the process of hiding / showing files remains the same in Windows 11, users could not find the option due to visual changes.
SEE AS WELL: How to add or remove startup programs in Windows 11
Steps to hide files, folders and drives in Windows 11
So if you are looking for ways to hide files and folders in Windows 11 then you are reading the right guide.
In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on the hiding files and folders in Windows 11. Not only that, but we will also share a method to hide drives in Windows 11. Let’s see.
1. Hide files and folders in Windows 11
Well, hiding files and folders is pretty easy on Windows 11. You don’t need to use any third party software or modify the registry to hide specific files / folders. Instead, you need to open File Explorer, select files, and make changes.
1. First, open File Explorer and find the file or folder you want to hide.
2. Right-click on the file or folder and select Properties.
3. In the properties, check the box. Hidden and click on the button OK.
4. In the confirmation pop-up window, click the option “Apply changes to this folder only” and click the OK button.
How to show hidden files and folders?
After hiding a file, if you want to show it, you need to implement some of the simple steps below.
1. Open File Explorer and click View> View. In the View menu, select the option Hidden items.
2. This will show all hidden files and folders. Now right click on the hidden file you want to show and select Properties .
3. On the File / Folder Properties page, uncheck hidden option and click on the ‘Ok’ button.
That’s it! You have finished. This will show the file / folder in Windows 11.
2. How to hide a drive in Windows 11
Just like files and folders, you can choose to hide an entire drive in Windows 11. The hidden drive will not appear in your file explorer. Here is what you need to do.
1. First, open Windows search and type Disk management.
2. Open Disk Management from the list. In Disk Management utility, right click on the drive you want to drive and select the option “Change drive letter and paths …”
3. Now select the drive letter and click on the button. To delete . You may receive a warning; just click the button Yes.
4. Now open the file explorer, you will see that the drive is no longer available.
5. To restore the drive, open Disk Management again and right-click on the unnamed drive. Then select the option “Change drive letter and paths …”.
6. Now you just have to add letter from reader to reader. When finished, click on the button OK.
That’s it! You have finished. The player will be back in File Explorer.
Hiding files / folders and drives is quite easy on Windows 11. You don’t need to rely on any third-party utilities to hide files on the new operating system.
Hope this article has helped you! Please also share it with your friends. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.