IPhones are arguably very popular with millions of users around the world. The good thing about iPhones is that they all share the same IOS which makes it easier to use, but the overall design of iPhones changes from generation to generation which changes some things like how to restart them. In this guide, you will learn how to force restart iPhone and we will include all models for you including iPhone 13. Let’s get started.
How to restart iPhone 13?
IPhone 13 is Apple’s latest and greatest iPhone with a lot of improved features. However, the overall design is not much different from the previous generation. So the restart process is also very similar. Here’s how to restart iPhone 13.
- Turn on your iPhone 13.
- Now hold down the side button and the volume down button the same time.
- Keep the buttons pressed until the option Slide to turn off appears on the screen.
- Once you release the buttons, drag the slider from left to right to turn it off.
- Now wait for the iPhone 13 to turn off.
- Once it is off, press and hold the side button again until the apple logo appears on the screen. Now release the button and wait for the device to restart.
- That’s it.
How to restart iPhone 12 and other modern iPhones
Like iPhone 13, it’s also very easy to restart iPhone 12 and other modern iPhones like iPhone 12, 11, 11, XS, XR, and iPhone X. If you have these iPhones, you will need to follow through. the following steps to restart your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone.
- Now hold sunken simultaneously the side button and the volume down button.
- Keep the buttons pressed until the Slide slider to turn off appears on the screen.
- Now let go of the buttons.
- Use the slider and drag it from left to right to turn off the device.
- Wait for the device to turn off.
- Once off, press and hold the side button until the apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now wait for the iPhone to restart.
- That’s it.
How to restart iPhone 8, 7 and earlier versions
IPhone 8 and earlier versions of iPhone share a similar design and hence they also share a similar method, which you can use to restart them. In this section, you will learn how to restart iPhone 8, 7 and earlier versions.
- Turn on your iPhone.
- Now find the On / Standby button and press it. If you have an iPhone 6, 7, or 8, you’ll find it on the right side. Likewise, if you have an iPhone 5 or earlier versions, you’ll find it at the top.
- Keep the button pressed until the power off slider appears on the screen.
- Now release the buttons and drag a slider from left to right to turn off the device.
- After the device is turned off, press and hold the sleep / wake button until the apple logo appears on your iPhone screen.
- Now release the button and let the device restart.
- That’s it.
How to Force Restart on iPhone 13, 12 and Modern iPhones
Like other smartphones, iPhones sometimes crash, which means your conventional methods won’t work to restart them. If this happens with your iPhone, you can follow this method to restart your device. Please note that this method will work for iPhones 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, X, and iPhone 8.
In this method, we will use the button combination that will signal the system to restart the device. Here is how you can use this method.
- Press and release the increase button volume.
- Now press and release the discount button volume.
- Press the side button and hold it depressed and hold it down until the apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now let the iPhone restart.
- That’s it.
If for some reason this method doesn’t work, wait until your iPhone runs out of battery. Once the battery is exhausted, recharge it and restart your device.
How to force restart iPhones (old models)
If you have iPhones other than those mentioned in the section above, you can use the following steps to force restart.
- Go to your phone.
- Now press and hold the Button On / Standby and Button Home simultaneously.
- Press and hold the buttons until the power off sliders appear on the screen, then the apple logo appears on the screen.
- Once the Apple logo appears, release the buttons and wait for the iPhone to restart.
The above method will work for all versions of iPhone except iPhone 7. This is because the home button on this model is 3D touchscreen, which means it doesn’t will not work to force restart. You can use the following method to force restart your iPhone 7.
- Go to your iPhone 7.
- Now hold sunken simultaneously the button reduction volume and the button Sleep / Wake up.
- Hold it down until the apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now wait for the system to restart.
What is the difference between resetting and restarting?
When you reset your iPhone, it means you are deleting all apps, files, settings, and other data from the device. On the other hand, when you restart, you will only turn off the device and then turn it back on. Restarting the device will not delete your data or personalized settings.
That’s all. In this guide, you have learned how to restart an iPhone and we have included the restart methods for all models including iPhone 13, 12, 11 and other models. If you have any questions let us know in the comments. Also consult this guide to find out how to secure your iphone.