WpnUserService.dll is a dynamically linked library connected to the Windows push notification user service. It makes sure that any notification sent by Windows or any other application is working properly. If the service fails or the DLL gets corrupted, Windows users will miss all kinds of notifications. In this guide, we are going to tell you how to fix the WpnUserService.dll error on Windows 11/10.
How to fix the WpnUserService.dll error on Windows 11/10
The DLL is located in C: Windows System32 , accessible using an administrator account. Some of the DLL related errors are address access violation, WpnUserService.dll is missing or corrupted, the application failed to start etc.
- Restart the WPNU service
- Run SFC and DISM tools
- Uninstall recently installed software
You will need administrator permission to resolve this issue.
1. Restart the WPNU service
- Open the Run prompt (Win + R), type Services.msc and press the Enter key.
- After the Services snap-in and locate WPNService.
- Double click to open it, then make sure to start it if it’s not already running.
- If it’s already running, be sure to restart it.
The type of start of the Windows push notification user service must be set to Automatique.
2. Run SFC and DISM tools
The System File Checker and DISM tools are useful when a file is missing or corrupted and needs to be replaced.
- Open the Windows terminal (administrator) using Win + X
SFC /scannowand press the Enter key
- If no error is found, then you can run the command
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Once orders are complete, anything that needs replacement will be fixed.
3. Uninstall recently installed software
If the problem started after installing the software recently, you need to uninstall and verify it. Some software offers customization that can change the way the notification appears. Avast is well known for interfering with push notification interference.
What is a DLL?
DLL stands for Dynamic Linked Library which can be connected to a program and reused by other services if allowed. If a DLL is corrupted or missing, several programs can fail. The good thing is that most system DLLs can be fixed by replacing them with a fresh copy using the SFC and DISM commands.
How do I turn off Windows push notifications?
- Go to Windows Settings> System> Notifications
- Turn off notifications to turn them off completely
- If you need to minimize, you can choose to turn off notifications from individual apps.
Hope the post was easy to follow and you fixed the WpnUserService.dll error on Windows. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. In addition, also consult this guide if you want to learn how to show hidden files on Windows 10.