What there is to know
- There are several ways to find someone on Snapchat.
- Syncing your contacts is the fastest and easiest way to find someone on Snapchat.
- Other ways to find people on Snapchat include using search, a Snapcode, and Quick Add.
You need to know how to find people on Snapchat before you can use the messaging app. The information in this article applies to Snapchat for iOS and Android.
The easiest and fastest way to find people on Snapchat is to automatically add people from your contacts in bulk.
- Open the Snapchat app on your mobile device and tap your bitmoji or icon in profile in the upper left corner.
- Press on Add friends.
- Press on All contacts in the menu at the top. If you haven’t given Snapchat permission to access your contacts, follow the onscreen instructions to allow Snapchat to access your contacts from your device settings.
- People from your contacts who have connected their phone numbers to Snapchat appear at the top with their name, username, and Bitmoji profile or icon. Press on Add next to any contact to add them as a friend.
- People who haven’t connected their phone numbers to their Snapchat accounts appear at the bottom. Press on Invite next to any contact to invite them to join Snapchat.
Search for someone’s Snapchat username to find them
Snapchat usernames are unique and can never be changed. If you know someone’s username, you can search for them and add them as a friend. Press the magnifying glass at the top of any of the three main screens and enter a username.
How to scan a person’s snapcode to add them
Each Snapchat user has a unique Snap code that can be scanned through the Snapchat app to quickly and automatically add them as a friend.
- Have your friend open Snapchat and navigate to their Snapcode. Their Snapcode is represented by the yellow square with the dotted pattern.
- Open Snapchat on your device and point your camera at your friend’s Snapcode. Press and hold the Snapcode on your device’s screen, then let it go after a second or two. You don’t need to scan snapcodes from another device. You can also have someone send a screenshot of their Snapcode, open it on a computer or other device, then scan it from there.
- Press on Add a friend or subscribe (depending on the user’s privacy settings).
Another Way to Add Friends by Snapcode
Another way to add friends by Snapcode is to upload a photo of their Snapcode to Snapchat.
- Take or save a photo of a Snapcode with your device.
- On the screen Add friends, press the icon Snapcode in the upper right corner.
- Tap the Snapcode photo from the photo grid. Snapchat analyzes the Snapcode in the photo and displays the corresponding user.
You may need to give Snapchat permission to access your photos if you haven’t already.
Find people when they appear in Quick Add
Quick Add is a feature that suggests users to add in different sections in the Snapchat app. These users are suggested to you based on mutual friends and people you subscribe to.
You can see your suggestions on the screen Add friends. Press on Add next to any user to add them as a friend or tap the X to remove them from your suggestions. For more options, press and hold a user’s name.