To briefly explain what is a file APK, we can say that it is the means necessary for the installation of an application on Android and which is kind of an analogy of the .exe file that we use to run and install application on PC.
The present article can be a continuation of the article in which we explained what is an APK file and how to install it. In the following we will show step by step how to extract APK file from an application installed on Android.
The different methods to extract APK files from applications installed on Android
You must ask yourself what is an APK file for while it will be easier to install an application directly in the Play store. Indeed, the extraction of APK installer file allows you to install an application on Android without having to connect to an internet network. In addition, have the file APK of an application installed on our device is useful for save previous copies of the application who can serve you in case ofa bad update. However, first of all, some precautionary measures and advice will be very useful to you:
- Make sure that the installed applications have been downloaded from a secure site such as Android Lista or from Google play store himself.
- If you want extract the APK from an unknown device, you absolutely must install an antivirus to avoid viruses and malware.
- Keep the installation from unknown sources disabled.
- Android phones have, in their processors, 3 types of basic architectures different: ARM, ARM64 and X86. So if you are considering extract the APK to install it later on another device, you need to make sure they have the same architecture. Otherwise, you will not be able to complete the installation.
Now let’s get down to the basics. To extract an APK from an app on Android, you need to make use of a third party app such as ML Manager or APK Extractor. Whichever application you choose, the process will always be the same.
- The moment you launch your third-party app, a list of all the apps installed on your smartphone will appear. We take APK Extractor for example.
- Select the application from which you want extract the APK.
- Then press “Accept” when prompted allow the application to access your mobile device storage.
- Once the file extraction is complete, launch your file explorer where you will find the APK file in a folder under the name of “ExtrappedApks”.Note: lheavy applications will take longer to be compressed.