Twitch has become the standard for streaming in the gaming community, but that’s not all. Like YouTube, downloading videos is not as easy as it is to browse and watch them. But the thing is far from out of reach. In this article, we show you how to do it without difficulty.
Twitch is the go-to platform for fans of streaming game videos. In this area, it excels better than YouTube. The latter may have a Live or gaming section, they do not enjoy the same popularity as other hosted videos. But if there’s one thing Twitch shares with Google’s platform, it’s the restrictions on downloads.
How to upload videos to Twitch
There is no default option that allows viewers to download a Twitch video. To do this, you have to rely on a third-party solution. Twitch Leecher has become the natural choice of thousands of streamers. This is a small open source application that can be downloaded here on Github.
- Install and open the app
- At the top, press the button Search
- Go to the URL tab and paste the URL of the Twitch video there
- Click on Search and wait for the application to search for it
- When the video appears, click on “Download”
The platform keeps the videos broadcast for 14 or 60 days depending on whether the author is a simple user, a Turbo / Prime subscriber or a Twitch partner. The videos are then automatically deleted. But the delay of a few days allows broadcasters to download a copy if they wish to keep it. For internet users, it’s a different story.
Broadcasters who want to upload a video to Twitch must first enable archiving of their broadcasts. By default, this is not the case:
- Log into your Twitch account. At the top, far right, click on your profile and select ” Creators dashboard “
- In the left menu, click on ” Chain ” in the section Settings
- Activate the option ” Store previous broadcasts “
- On all stored videos, a download link allows you to retrieve a copy locally
There you go, it’s that simple. Like YouTube and Facebook, there are also websites that allow you to download Twitch videos directly online. But with the restrictions imposed by the platform, these solutions don’t always work.